Welcome new members! Introduce yourself! - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 198 (permalink) Old 05-11-2011, 04:03 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Welcome new members! Introduce yourself!

Welcome all new members! ChromebookForums is soon to become the #1 largest Google Chromebook Forums, and we are supported by some of the top Google and Android enthusiasts! We are super-excited to be here for you guys, and to launch this site for the Chromebook.

At first we see only three Chromebook models: the old CR48, the Acer Chromebook HD, and the Samsung Chromebook but we expect within 6-12 months that there will be a plethora of new models from various manufacturers. We will be creating unique forum sections for each new model that comes out.

If you have any suggestions for new forum sections, please feel free to PM me with your suggestions!

Please introduce yourself, let us know who you are, where you are from, what kind of computer you currently have, and where your interest in the Chromebooks stands.

Welcome everyone!

ChromebookForum.com Admin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 198 (permalink) Old 05-11-2011, 04:32 PM

Hello Admin, thanks for making this forum. I'm new to the Chromebook and want to learn more about it. So far im finding a lot of useful information on here, and looking for more.

Right now i'm using a PC, i've had it for a while now and it's getting to a point that I need a new computer or laptop. It would be nice to have something compact and easy to carry that can work as fast as I need it to for my uses, maybe the ChromeBook is for me.
post #3 of 198 (permalink) Old 05-11-2011, 04:35 PM

I have Ubuntu, Mac and Windows 7 machines at home and run a netbook with XP still on it. I want to stay on top of developments with the Chromebook and all things el goog!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 198 (permalink) Old 05-11-2011, 04:40 PM

Thanks Admin! Ive Own an I.Os equiped imac27" and its great for what it is but i love contact with small laptops and netbooks because a majority of them now officaly suck.

Meanwhile i wait for google to release a 2'md generation Chrome Os book(i just never buy anythign 1stgen) As they figure out the flaws and bugs and any other issues. but im really looking forword to the new ones release by samung!
post #5 of 198 (permalink) Old 05-11-2011, 04:43 PM

All the good old intro thread, I've been waiting for a forums on this Chrome OS laptops, from what i've been trying to do there isn't much support out there yet, as Google hasn't blown this laptop too big yet!

I currently am running a MacBook pro latest gen its great for what it is but i need something smaller, and a Window PC, from way back in 2004 and Nvidia 1st released the SLI Parallel Video Card Technology, it was supposed to be my gaming rig!

Cannot wait to use this little bugger !
post #6 of 198 (permalink) Old 05-11-2011, 04:51 PM

Almost made my first post with an intro, good thing i found this intro thread!

Like what the above members said, thanks admin!

I'm also a MacBook user and getting bored of it, always looking to upgrade my stuff so a google chromebook might be on my list.
post #7 of 198 (permalink) Old 05-14-2011, 05:24 PM

Arrow Dumb Terminal?

I've worked for IBM since 1977 when all terminals were 'dumb' terminals providing access to the mainframe. The Chromebook seems to be a modern version of the old 3270 dumb terminal but with offline smarts, etc.

I tried to get a CR-48 but wasn't selected. I like the Chromebook concept enough that I'm going be an early adapter and probably buy the Acer from Amazon when they become available. I'm a big fan of Google so I'll already have things I can do on the laptop.

Welcome to the Brave New World, I hope I'm not buying a future orphan...
post #8 of 198 (permalink) Old 05-15-2011, 05:46 PM

Hello to all from Hudson, Ohio

I'm excited about the prospects of the new chromebooks, but not about the fact that they are limited to "3g", a slow way to browse the internet. Any word about getting to "4g"?

Jim
post #9 of 198 (permalink) Old 05-16-2011, 02:06 PM

No word yet, but I'd expect to see one before the end of 2011.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhackney View Post

I'm excited about the prospects of the new chromebooks, but not about the fact that they are limited to "3g", a slow way to browse the internet. Any word about getting to "4g"?

Jim
post #10 of 198 (permalink) Old 05-16-2011, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhackney View Post

Jim
I would expect that 95% of your browsing will be from Wifi, and you will only use 3g when you are on-the-road, or unable to get Wifi. It wasn't made to be a 100% 3g surfing computer... you will definetly have to wait for 4g for that, and still would probably want to find a wifi to save on data overage charges.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page