Chase Bank problems with Chrome - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums
Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums  

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2011, 08:35 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Chase Bank problems with Chrome

I recently signed up with Chase Bank...and immediately found out that their online website doesn't support the Chrome browser (or IE9 for that matter). Has anyone else run into this problem, and if so - have you been able to create some type of a Chrome work-a-around? I'm guessing this would be a major problem for me if I were to purchase a Chromebook.
techlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2011, 09:03 AM   #2 (permalink)

I have been using Chrome with Chase.com for quite some time, as well as IE and Firefox. What exactly is the issue?
Droymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:35 AM   #3 (permalink)

Doesn't support Chrome and IE9? That sounds nuts. Curious to know what the issue is, too.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:06 AM   #4 (permalink)

I have Chrome 12.0.742.100, IE9, and Firefox 4.0.1 installed on my notebook. As of yesterday afternoon...Firefox was the only browser I could use to SETUP my new online Chase account. I checked Chase's website, and found the following notice:

"Chase Browsers
We recommend using Internet Explorer 7.0 or higher, Safari 4.0 or higher, or FireFox 3.5 or higher."

I called their tech support line this morning, and they confirmed that IE9 and Chrome are not supported for using their online website.

Well...it appears the glitch is that I can't SETUP a new Chase account using Chrome (8 digit secure verification code sent to my email); however, as of this morning I am easily able to access my account using Chrome. Very strange as I consider Chrome the most secure browser available.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:59 AM   #5 (permalink)

It doesn't have much to do with security, it sounds like Chase had some "bad" programming on their end. Seems a little irresponsible of whoever maintains the website.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:14 PM   #6 (permalink)

The User-Agent Switcher extension lets Chrome pretend to be a different browser: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...kbamkfgbofhgcj
alee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 12:24 PM   #7 (permalink)

Take a look at the comments for the User-Agent Switcher on the Chrome Web Store. It appears this software isn't actually working...at present.
Old 06-22-2011, 03:38 PM   #8 (permalink)

That is more technical an issue than situational. It is interesting that Firefox would open the webpage whereas Chromebook wouldn't. I would suggest holding your reigns until you were sure the software was working.
omosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 02:59 PM   #9 (permalink)

My small credit union won't allow me to pay my bill's through ChromeOS. Chrome on the PC works fine. I called there MIS and he said they are working on it because he just bought the Samsung and found it didn't work...

This is why I bank with SMALL places...
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 03:08 PM   #10 (permalink)

I'm on my Chromebook right now, and Chase.com opens all of my information just fine for me.