Remotely Access my Parents Chromebook - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums
Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums  

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2011, 11:53 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Remotely Access my Parents Chromebook

My parents are in their eighties and I am setting up a chromebook for them. I would like to be able to remote access and control their Samsung Chromebook from my WIndows 7 PC to provide tech support for them. I can use Teamviewer and join.me to remotely access my windows 7 pc from the chromebook but not vice versa, read about Ericom Access Now beta a liitle but it seems the same.
This is my parents first experience with a computer so any help/advise is welcome. I also have a couple of eee netbooks running Puppeee Linux and XP.
mfalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2011, 12:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

There are a few solutions for RDP clients on chromebooks, but that isn't the right answer here. I think you'd need an app/extension for this.

I haven't tried it, but this might help:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...earch&hcp=main
russcasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 06:49 AM   #3 (permalink)

Tried Vyew, cannot share Chromebook desktop because need Java installed. But Vyew's other features can probably help provide them some technical support. thanks!
mfalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 11:36 AM   #4 (permalink)
BWR

I see this as a problem for corporate use of Chromebooks: The inability for a Help Desk to remotely access, troubleshoot and fix Chromebooks. Currently, that may not be a serious shortcoming, but the more the other current shortcoming (off-line applications) gets resolved, then the more important the remote access issue becomes.
BWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 08:30 PM   #5 (permalink)

This isn't quite the same thing, but if you have a Chromebook yourself, you can sign on as your parent. I do a lot for my parents this way such as creating new bookmarks and changing email settings. It saves a lot of trips over there. I just set up a cloud-ready printer for them, and I can also print to it from my Chromebook at home.
kerozebo is offline   Reply With Quote