Linux on Chromebook boot problems - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-24-2014, 11:56 AM Thread Starter

Linux on Chromebook boot problems

Hi guys, I am new to the Chromebook Forums so if I get something wrong, please let me know.
I have an Acer c720 that I am trying to boot Linux Mint 17 on to. I have followed this guide
Turn the C720 in a permanent linux laptop Tutorial 1/3
step by step and everything seems to be working. When I turn it on, it goes to OS verification by Google, then switches to SeaBIOS, as it should. It then goes to Linux Mint from my live USB, and displays a message which says "Automatic boot in 10 seconds" and counts down from 10 to 1. After it gets to 1, it says "Not enough memory to load specified image
boot:"
I have run a memory test and the result is that Linux Mint does not recognize any memory at all.
I have looked all over the internet and what I have as the only solution is to fix a so called "memory hole" in the BIOS. I do not know if that is possible with SeaBIOS, and if it is, I do not know how to access it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-25-2014, 04:33 PM Thread Starter

Fixed!

For any of you who have had the same problem, I did find a fix. After letting it boot into the Linux Mint screen, press tab, scroll to the first option, press tab again to edit the code, and at the end of the code, put a space and type "mem=1024M" and press enter. It will take you to a blank screen, but have no fears! After maybe 30 seconds, it will boot into Linux Mint without problem.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page