Google Chromebook Forums banner

Developer Mode Disabled?

3K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Jynx 
#1 ·
When I started school this year, my school handed out new Chromebooks as I guess the old ones my school was using weren't good or something. It turns out the new Chromebooks we got had developer mode disabled. We could get into developer mode just fine on our old ones but I guess they added a new restriction on it. One of my friends managed to get into developer mode without going through recovery mode. All he did was download Crouton outside of developer mode and he was somehow able to run Crouton through the Crosh terminal without going through recovery mode or developer mode. I don't know how he did it. He gave me the Crouton file he downloaded and when I tried running it in the terminal, it didn't work. Does anyone know how I can get Crouton to run without going into developer mode? It certainly is possible as my friend did and he's still playing games on Steam.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.