Wireless mouse - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums
Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums  

Share LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2011, 01:11 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Wireless mouse

Will a wireless mouse work with the Chromebook? Such as the Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000 which uses a USB transceiver.
brawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2011, 01:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Wireless mouse

Yes!
jn71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:39 PM   #3 (permalink)

I use a Logitech Wireless mouse with micro adapter. Works awesome!!
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 03:42 PM   #4 (permalink)

I'm glad to hear it will work since the system requirements say that it needs Windows and a CD drive to load the Intellipoint software (after all it has four way scrolling and five progamable buttons). I've ordered one and I'll post a review later.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:06 AM   #5 (permalink)
Pen

I know there's a few wireless mouses out there that only require you plug in a USB thumbdrive thing to connect it to your computer. You don't need to install anything!
Pen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 04:37 PM   #6 (permalink)

Default It works

The Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000 works fine on you Samsung Chromebook. All the buttons use the default actions. Just plug in the USB transceiver and it's ready to go.

On my desktop running Windows 7 as soon as I plugged in the transceiver the computer went to Microsoft.com and downloaded the driver and the Intellimouse software, used to customize the buttons (not all that useful).

........ from Amazon for $30.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:42 AM   #7 (permalink)

Wow, then what would we say is the Chromebook's disadvantage? Just the fact that there is no option of saving your stuff nowhere apart from the cloud?

I think I am going to get the wireless mouse; it is something I have always purposed to have for a long time.
woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 11:44 PM   #8 (permalink)

Thumbs down Does wireless mouse deactivate the touch pad?

I am a touch typist and the heals of my hands rest on or near the touch pad on a standard laptop. The touch pad on the Chromebook is huge and I know I'll have problems with that pad unless there is a way to turn it off.

Does the presence of a wireless mouse radio in the USB port disable the touch pad?

If not is there a way to kill it?

If the pad can be disabled I'll buy one in the morning. I already do everything on the cloud.
FewClues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 02:50 PM   #9 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FewClues View Post
I am a touch typist and the heals of my hands rest on or near the touch pad on a standard laptop. The touch pad on the Chromebook is huge and I know I'll have problems with that pad unless there is a way to turn it off.

Does the presence of a wireless mouse radio in the USB port disable the touch pad?

If not is there a way to kill it?

If the pad can be disabled I'll buy one in the morning. I already do everything on the cloud.
I'm a touch typist too, and haven't had any problems - even when wearing cuff links (french cuffs to you americans - we English types don't do dressing down very well). Unless you have wrists like tree trunks you should be fine!
russcasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 03:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
BWR

The problem I used to have with touchpad devices on notebook computers had to do with the tap-to-click function. When I would pause typing to think (should probably have done that more often), my hand would touch the touchpad and click it, thus moving the cursor somewhere else. When I resumed typing, my characters would go into some random place in the document. I turned off the tap-to-click function and resolved that issue.

The Samsung CB has that turned off by default and has a press-to-click function that is not prone to accidental clicking with just a light touch. It is the best all around touchpad device I have used.
BWR is offline   Reply With Quote