Google Chromebook Forums banner

How do you create documents?

12K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  entrecon 
#1 ·
I would guess that most businesses currently rely on word processing, spreadsheets and so on. As the Chromebook is so focused on the net, how will this aspect be managed? Is there some kind of virtual program which you can access, use to make a document and then store it?

#6 ·
Its just a guess, but I think the Chromebooks will have a fully operational offline-version of Google Docs, and it will probably rival that of Microsoft Word. I'm betting that Google has a new version waiting to launch that will take the 'in-browser' version of Google docs to compete with the offline version of Word.... and also work offline as well :)

#7 ·
Thanks for all the answers. It's good to have a place where I don't feel any question is too dumb!

I haven't used Google Docs yet but will be checking that out. I actively dislike Open Office, but that could be because Word has always been the thing available to me and I am used to it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.