BestBuy Pre-Order for Samsung Chromebook Now Available - Page 2 - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-12-2011, 02:15 PM

Has anyone else's status order saying the order will be fulfilled in 1-2 days (monday or tuesday)?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-13-2011, 02:02 PM

Is the 3g access worth it with wifi everywhere?
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-13-2011, 09:03 PM

Samsung Chromebooks @ Bestbuy

I wish I could see Chromebook display at Bestbuy stores.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-14-2011, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracyorsteve View Post
Is the 3g access worth it with wifi everywhere?
In my opinion, yes. The premium for 3G over the Wi-Fi only model works out to only about $3 a month over 24 months. As a Chrome Pilot, there have been times in the past 6 months where absolutely no Wi-Fi was available, but I was still able to connect via 3G. This, plus the battery life of the Cr-48, gradually pushed my smaller netbook aside as my preferred travel computer.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-29-2011, 10:54 PM

I think all Best Buy affiliates should speak one voice and I have a great feeling Homer has a point. Nonetheless, contacting their corporate office would be such a good idea plus if you have enjoyed Best Buy's services before, this should not discourage you.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-29-2011, 11:44 PM

I agree. If I could see one (or better yet, both the Acer and Samsung) I think that would really help push me one way or the other.
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-01-2011, 09:13 AM
Super Moderator

Looks like there are supply problems in the UK - my wifi Series 5 was supposed to be delivered today. PC World simply won't tell me a delivery date, and Amazon's date has slipped from 1st July to 8th.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 02:55 AM

when? and how soon?

Will the Chromebook manifest in real time and in regular places somewhere in the foreseeable future? As in go to Best Buy/ Whoever and walk out the door with a unit? Call me when we get there. Regards and very much looking forward to the day. S.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromoly View Post
Will the Chromebook manifest in real time and in regular places somewhere in the foreseeable future? As in go to Best Buy/ Whoever and walk out the door with a unit? Call me when we get there. Regards and very much looking forward to the day. S.
I kept checking my local Best Buy because I wanted to do that. Finally, I found a friend who worked there and he looked up the SKU's for me, and they had been deleted out of the system. He said its usually the case if they do not intend to carry them in stores. Kinda of lame. It's like the Nexus One launch. Asking us to spend $500 or so on a product we have never tried I was pretty excited for the Nexus One, but didn't end up buying one until I ran into a Google employee at a party who let me demo it. This time, I just put my faith in Google... and ordered...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page