BestBuy Pre-Order for Samsung Chromebook Now Available - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-09-2011, 08:37 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

BestBuy Pre-Order for Samsung Chromebook Now Available

You can now get your Samsung Chromebook pre-ordered through the BestBuy.com website. Looks like delivery will be on June 15th.

Here is the link:

samsung chromebook - BestBuy

There are 4 models: Titan Silver with or without 3g, and White with or without 3g.

Be sure to let us know if you place your order!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-09-2011, 03:10 PM

Thanks for posting this.

I'm going to end up getting the Samsung 3G ChromeBook in Titan Silver. The Titan Silver Samsung ChromeBook looks much better to me than the white.

Does anyone know if the BestBuy protection plan is worth getting?
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-09-2011, 10:17 PM

The protection plan's value depends on whether or not you end up having to use it, how much it costs, and if you'll sleep better at night having it.

I have gotten it for my smart phones and LED TV, but not for many other things. (And I haven't needed it.... yet!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-10-2011, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
The protection plan's value depends on whether or not you end up having to use it, how much it costs, and if you'll sleep better at night having it.

I have gotten it for my smart phones and LED TV, but not for many other things. (And I haven't needed it.... yet!)

It's good you didnt need to use the protection plan so far.

Just trying to decide if it's worth getting a ChromeBook with bestbuy protection plan. I think the Chromebook's warranty is 1 year? From what i've been reading the ChromeBook seems to be bulletproof.
Would you get BestBuy's protection plan when buying the Chromebook through them?
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-10-2011, 04:00 PM

You don't have to get the protection plan from the original retailers or mannufacturers. Try comparing the cost of the plan with ones offered by squaretrade.com. It'll be a lot cheaper if you are willing to with an online warranty provider.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-10-2011, 05:32 PM

Honestly, I would rather stick my head in to the oven than order anything from Best Buy. I have had the worst customer service at our local ones. I pre-ordered my Google Chrome Book online.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-10-2011, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer View Post
Honestly, I would rather stick my head in to the oven than order anything from Best Buy. I have had the worst customer service at our local ones. I pre-ordered my Google Chrome Book online.
Interesting... I've had the opposite experience and think that Best Buy rocks! They've always been helpful, great customer service, good promotions, etc. I guess a lot depends on your local store and your own experience, but I'd rather shop at Best Buy than most other places.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011, 09:26 AM

Homer might have a point; we all have different experiences but the only time it dawns on us as true is when we encounter it ourselves.

Nonetheless, I would say Best Buy is a reliable company.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011, 01:00 PM

suggestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer View Post
I am sorry to hear you have had that experience. Our best buy is amazing. I have a suggestion. If the customer service at your local Best Buy is that bad, why don't you contact their corporate office and complain? Best Buy wants customers to be happy and I am sure they do not want one bad store, which probably means one bad store manager, to ruin your impression of them.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011, 09:16 PM

I guess I never thought about it that way before. I suppose I figure me making a complaint wouldn't make much of a difference. Still, when I think about the protection plan I do wonder if I have been to harsh against Best Buy.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page