Google Chromebook Coming June 15th! - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-11-2011, 03:00 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Google Chromebook Coming June 15th!

Google Chromebook coming June 15

The Google Chromebook has officially been announced!

The first Chromebook is from Samsung. It will have a 12.1 inch display with 8 hour battery. The Samsung Chromebook will be priced at $429 for Wifi only, and with 3G it will cost $499.

The second Chromebook is from Acer. It features an 11.6 inch display. Full HD. 6.5 hour battery. Wifi and 3G and will be available in two colors. The Acer Chromebook will be priced from $349 and up. (assuming the 3G will cost more)

The first Google Chromebooks will be available June 15 on Amazon and Best Buy, will be available online.

The devices will be available in the United States, Netherlands, UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain.

Google Chromebooks for Business

End-to-end offering. For the first time it is software and hardware as a service package. Companies get devices, central web console, full support, warranty and replacements. When hardware life cycle is over upgrade to new one. All $28 per user monthly subscription.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-11-2011, 05:05 PM

Just a month more till we get the Chromebook! Can't wait. I have to do more research to finalize my decision on which Chromebook i want to get. Samsung & Acer both have good Chromebooks but im stuck on which to choose.

here's some quick specs and info on them.....

Quote:
The Samsung "Chromebook" will offer eight-and-a-half hours of continuous usage and feature an Intel Atom dual-core processor, two USB ports, a 4-in-1 memory card slot and a full-size keyboard and trackpad.

Acer's machine will have an 11.6-inch, LED-backlit LCD display and battery life of six hours in continuous usage, as well as an Intel Atom dual-core processor, a high-definition webcam, two USB ports, a 4-1 in memory card slot, an HDMI port and a full-size keyboard and trackpad.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-12-2011, 12:19 PM

I think the Samsung, which includes the SSD slot will be the one for me.... just wish it had the HDMI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-12-2011, 02:28 PM

Send a message via MSN to modder
I'm more worried about the lack on an optical drive myself, but HDMI would be nice too

post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 10:02 AM

I think both features would a nice to have, but I don't actually expect it to impact my daily use of the Chromebook all that much.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-28-2011, 02:11 PM

Thumbs up Lady Gaga new front person for Google Chromebook?

OK so I read somewhere today that Lady Gaga is working on a deal to partner with Google on a deal to market the new Chromebook. I think that is very cool as I am a huge fan of Gaga. She is a very smart person and in my personal opinion can bring a lot to the table besides all her twitter followers. If you stop and think though just having 10 million twitter followers is a huge advantage alone. Good for you Google. I like the partnership.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-29-2011, 07:10 AM

Not that I have anything against Lady Gaga, but I am not of her many fans. She however commands a huge following and I even heard the commercial is already out.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-29-2011, 07:14 AM

The Acer display may be slightly smaller, but I prefer Acer computers over Samsung. Actually, I really only know Samsung for TV's, and they're decent, so they are probably ok in the computer biz.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-29-2011, 12:48 PM

Is there a minimum number of chromebooks you can purchase directly from Google?
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-29-2011, 08:46 PM

Chromebooks seem very innovative and cool. I like the idea of having your things in the "cloud". I have a cr-48, and am very excited about what it would be like to have a full version,if only I could afford one.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page