Verizon giving free connection time... - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 03:06 AM Thread Starter

Verizon giving free connection time...

Verizon is said to be giving Chromebook users 100 megabites of free connection per month. Granted, you can't do much with it, but I guess it would be an incentive to want to switch to Verizon, if you're not already with them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 08:26 AM

Anyone still offering unlimited?

I heard there is now NO-ONE offering unlimited internet. Even those who first bought it, like my neighbor, has been told he is limited to 5 gb and anything over that will be so slow you will not want to use it. Surely there is someone offering unlimited 3G or4G etc. for some kind of price, right?
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 12:29 PM

This is where I get confused. Can I not connect unlimited with my Time Warner Service? I am a Verizon customer though, so I guess I will take advantage of that 100 megabytes free.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 01:39 PM

Do you have a link for Verizon's offer. Do you have to change your package? I have a data plan with them. How will the billing look after the free part. Will this be very expensive?
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 03:48 PM

I just looked it up and the prices are not fantastic, but they will do. Verizon has a day pass for 10 bucks. If you look here you can see the Verizon Fee schedule. I think using the wi fi is much cheaper in the end.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 04:29 PM

Hrm, well I was hopping the prices would be cheaper than that. Still, as a secondary connection it will do since I already have Verizon, thanks for the info.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 04:34 PM

Send a message via MSN to modder
I will be using the WiFi hot spot option on my Android phone to access the Internet from my Chromebook.

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 04:37 PM

Data spots wont be used too often as now i would say many many places have wifi, only those odd places and times will you just use plain old data... or well thats what i do atleast.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 05:14 PM

I think the 3G would be a waste of money, especially with all of the places that offer WiFi now. And even if you can't get WiFi, there is the option to tether your phone (in my case Droid X) to the computer and go from there.

Verizon thinks they're being nice to offer "free" access, but in reality they're just trying to rope you into the more expensive plan.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 06:21 PM

Red face

I'd like to see hardware like the ASUS Transformer running the Chrome OS.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page