How long have you been online? - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-29-2011, 03:15 PM Thread Starter

How long have you been online?

How long have you been online?

I am pretty young, 21, but I've been using some form of the internet since I was about 8. I would use Web TV when it first came out. I can't believe I've been using the internet so long!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 01:56 AM

I remember the Internet becoming popular and getting an email address through work. No-one else really had them so we just sent messages to each other for a long time! I've probably been using the net for 15 years!
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 02:38 PM
Banned

Not long enough! Now I have too much "catching up" to do and I'm pretty sure that's never going to happen. I can't even keep up, let alone catch up. But I gotta say, when comparing what I know today to what I knew a little over a year ago (Facebook? Spam? Blog? SEO? Ads? Banners? Shopping Cart? Networking? Links? etc), well there is no comparison. Thanks to you Google for the wealth of knowledge you provide, all unlimited and and all free for the taking!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 05:33 PM

I have been on line for right around 20 years now. I love the internet and to me the Google Chromebook is a much needed change in the way that we do things.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 05:48 PM

I have not been online long enough....I could be online 24/7...sure beats tv.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 07:56 PM

Haha, it does beat T.V. If you have Netflix you do not even need television anymore. That and Youtube. And then there is news websites. So year, T.V. is so old school.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 10:55 PM

Fred, you forgot to include how long you have been online! I agree with you, but remember right now Chromebooks and Netflix are not really compatible. So you might have to get yourself a T.V., if you don't have one.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 06:26 AM

I'd say pretty close to 20 years, also. The internet has really come a long way since then! I didn't really have too many people to communicate with back then, but now I am able to find lots of long, lost friends. It's wonderful!
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 11:42 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clinquant View Post
I'd say pretty close to 20 years, also. The internet has really come a long way since then! I didn't really have too many people to communicate with back then, but now I am able to find lots of long, lost friends. It's wonderful!
You are so right. The internet has evolved in so many ways over time it's amazing. I have met so many people online and I've even been able to find people that I knew in school as a kid.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 01:35 PM

I've been on the internet for the past 10 years and the changes it went through as well as the changes computers went through from then till now is BIG. I remember the days when playing a video on your computer was impossible lol.

Now we can do almost everything and anything on the internet and things such as the Chrome Book will make it easier to do specific things.

The real question is.....

What will the internet be like in 5, 10, 15, or even 20 years from now?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page