HowTo delete posts & account here? - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 12:03 PM Thread Starter

HowTo delete posts & account here?

the title says it pretty much - since there was no announcement on the chromebook winners I consider this forum a scam here, how do I do total cleanup here? thanks for answers!

regards, Dejean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 12:30 PM

The ChromeBooks have been delayed, and probably caused the ChromeBook giveaway to be put off until they're released.

From the admin
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlviper View Post
Hey Guys..... we will be announcing the winners as soon as we receive the Chromebooks. They are on order from BestBuy and should arrive shortly!
quote is from this thread: https://www.chromebookforum.com/forum...ebooks-20.html

If i were you i wouldn't leave, since all of us have the chance of winning one! Don't miss your chance to get a free chromebook.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 12:40 PM

Its not exacly a scam dude.. i mean we all want to win, but we just have to look further in, its not the companies fault for not delivering the product when they dont have it i would blame google for not settling with their legal issue before the product release, if you dont believe me here is the FUll press release from ISYS sueing google!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejean80 View Post
the title says it pretty much - since there was no announcement on the chromebook winners I consider this forum a scam here, how do I do total cleanup here? thanks for answers!

regards, Dejean
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome-Guy View Post
The ChromeBooks have been delayed, and probably caused the ChromeBook giveaway to be put off until they're released.

From the admin

quote is from this thread: https://www.chromebookforum.com/forum...ebooks-20.html

If i were you i wouldn't leave, since all of us have the chance of winning one! Don't miss your chance to get a free chromebook.
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.os View Post
Its not exacly a scam dude.. i mean we all want to win, but we just have to look further in, its not the companies fault for not delivering the product when they dont have it i would blame google for not settling with their legal issue before the product release, if you dont believe me here is the FUll press release from ISYS sueing google!
this!!

it's not a scam at all, i know a scam when i see one. If it wasn't for google and its legal issues with the chromebook i bet the winners would be announced already. i have this forum bookmarked and open on my browser nearly 24/7 just waiting for a word on when the chromebooks will be released.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 12:47 PM

yeah dude relax!!!1 no need to get that hyped up the press release is right here

ISYS Technologies Sues Google and Its Partners, Claiming Violation of Its ChromiumPC Trademark; Restraining Order Sought to Stop Launch of Chromebook and Chromebox | Business Wire

It just states this
Quote:
ISYS Technologies Sues Google and Its Partners, Claiming Violation of Its ChromiumPC Trademark; Restraining Order Sought to Stop Launch of Chromebook and Chromebox

After months of delaying tactics by Google and after ISYS’ first use of the ChromiumPC mark, ISYS and subsidiary, Xi3 Corporation, see their talks with Google reach “an impasse.” Noting that Google’s planned June 15, 2011, worldwide launch of the Chromebook PC products would cause ISYS “irreparable harm,” ISYS is pursuing an expedited legal review in federal court in Utah to prevent shipments of Chromebook and Chromebox computers.

ISYS Technologies, Inc. today filed a lawsuit against Google alleging that the search giant is violating and interfering with the trademark for its ChromiumPC™ Modular Computer.

we just need to keep our cool!
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 01:12 PM

Seriously, there is a legal thing going on, possibly a gag order. You want to point fingers then point them at the company who sued Google just because they want to make some money. They did that at OUR expense so don't flip out yet.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 01:26 PM

Quote:

regards, Dejean
Wow calm down there Dejean80
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 01:28 PM
Administrator

Quote:

regards, Dejean
How is the forum a scam? The forum works... there are lots of people discussing the Chromebook.

In terms of the contest... we have tried to order them, and they are on backorder.... Why are you so worried about the contest? Did you join this site just to win?

Anyways, calm down bud... an announcement will be made shortly.... we just want to make sure we actually have the prize before we start giving away vaporware!!!! lol
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 02:23 PM
Banned

Gosh you guys....Be nice! I can understand and see why Dejean80 would be concerned, can't you? If a person hasn't the knowledge of what is going on....mainly the lawsuit....then the Contest posted in this forum in which 3 winners were to be announced on June 15th but as of yet haven't been announced, would seem a little "offish" to those unknowing people.

Dejean80, my advice would be to "investigate" or "educate" yourself in the reason for the delay BEFORE jumping to conclusions. There are threads and posts all over in this forum that explain what is going on. Afterwards, if you still feel the same way then scroll down to the bottom of the page and read the Privacy Policy which would be a starting place in which for you to remove yourself from this forum. But keep in mind what rdlviper said to you, "The forum works... there are lots of people discussing the Chromebook." I thoroughly enjoy and trust this forum myself.

Personally, in light of what's going on legally, I would rather wait for an announcement to be made about who the 3 lucky winners are, rather than having received the announcement on the 15th then having to wait to receive the prize (should I have been announced as a winner on June 15th).
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 03:54 PM

Send a message via MSN to modder
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtluvsChrome View Post
Gosh you guys....Be nice! I can understand and see why Dejean80 would be concerned, can't you? If a person hasn't the knowledge of what is going on....mainly the lawsuit....then the Contest posted in this forum in which 3 winners were to be announced on June 15th but as of yet haven't been announced, would seem a little "offish" to those unknowing people.

Dejean80, my advice would be to "investigate" or "educate" yourself in the reason for the delay BEFORE jumping to conclusions. There are threads and posts all over in this forum that explain what is going on. Afterwards, if you still feel the same way then scroll down to the bottom of the page and read the Privacy Policy which would be a starting place in which for you to remove yourself from this forum. But keep in mind what rdlviper said to you, "The forum works... there are lots of people discussing the Chromebook." I thoroughly enjoy and trust this forum myself.

Personally, in light of what's going on legally, I would rather wait for an announcement to be made about who the 3 lucky winners are, rather than having received the announcement on the 15th then having to wait to receive the prize (should I have been announced as a winner on June 15th).
Couldn't have said it better.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page