Parental control - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011, 08:31 PM Thread Starter
Moe

Parental control

Do you use the parental control options on your current devices: television, phone and gaming systems? I have only recently started using them which my kids are not happy about. I should have started when they were much younger.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011, 10:59 PM

It just depends. Most of the time, I am right in the room when devices are being used, so parental controls on the device itself are unnecessary. I do have at least one computer in the house with K9 on it (and plan to add it to a couple other computers soon).
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-24-2011, 01:04 AM

My parents tried using parental control stuff when I was a kid, but it just blocked silly things like Neopets and they hated getting called over all the time to enter in the password. I think "parental control" is more effective when you limit stuff like how much time is to be spent on the computer/game system/etc., and when you make sure to know what games they're playing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-26-2011, 02:59 PM

I think if you're going to use parental controls you pretty much have to tart using them from your kid's birth, because, yeah-- they won't be happy about it if you start later. But parental controls are, I think, a good idea, especially if you're worried about violence/swearing/etc. online on in games.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-28-2011, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malone View Post
I think if you're going to use parental controls you pretty much have to tart using them from your kid's birth, because, yeah-- they won't be happy about it if you start later. But parental controls are, I think, a good idea, especially if you're worried about violence/swearing/etc. online on in games.
I agree with you Malone. If as a parent you were to put yourself in these children's shoes, you wouldn't be particularly happy if parental controls were introduced at a time when you needed a lot of this and that.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-28-2011, 08:42 PM

My kids weren't happy when I figured out how to use parental control. It took about 2 months before they quit complaining about it and saw that I was serious about using them.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page