Ever been hard pressed to explained what a Chromebook is? - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 05:30 PM Thread Starter

Ever been hard pressed to explained what a Chromebook is?

The simplest way to describe it would be,'A netbook running on Chrome OS.' However, my neighbor is not tech-savvy and recently I had to find all the simplest words in the book to explain what a Chromebook is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 05:39 PM

Yes, for someone who doesn't know what a netbook is, it takes more. I just tell that sort of person that it's a "small laptop" that is mostly made for the internet. That's usually enough for them to get the idea.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 07:26 PM
Super Moderator

It is a computer that does nothing but browse the web.
This is limiting, but means it can be simpler, smaller, faster, cheaper and more portable than a regular computer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-07-2011, 05:08 AM

I think with the internet, anyone should be able to browse and get to know what this device is all about. I had never heard about the netbook sometime back and it took a while plus interest in learning to know what this was all about.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-07-2011, 05:11 AM

I hate to pretend and that has earned me the tag of being a 'snob.' I love being myself and nothing can make me not ignore someone I am not comfortable with.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-28-2014, 08:19 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverLining View Post
Yes, for someone who doesn't know what a netbook is, it takes more. I just tell that sort of person that it's a "small laptop" that is mostly made for the internet. That's usually enough for them to get the idea.
I've only just purchased my Chromebook, but already, I find that I can do almost as much on the Chromebook, as I can on my Windows 8 desktop...

It's been great fun, finding out how best to use the equipment...

Robbie D....

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-06-2014, 12:18 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to ruellesmith
A few of my relatives have asked me what my Chromebook is for and why is it different than all other other netbooks out there. I think they're just curious with its name. There's really very few differences though but I told them that this is mainly used for my business and web browsing.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-10-2014, 04:42 AM

As someone who has been fixing, de-fragging and disinfecting my friends and relatives PCs for 30 years, Chrome OS is a secure alternative for a very good percentage of users.
It's for surfing the web in comparative safety, and much more!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-17-2014, 04:56 PM

Amen to that. If I could only get them to move over to a chromebook. I am heading to Florida on Friday and I am going to show off mine. I am hoping to convince them all
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-18-2014, 04:04 AM
Super Moderator

Don't forget that the CB is a good tool for doing emails, producing word documents, drawings, making cartoons and intricate spreadsheets... All free of charge...

You can also acquire 15GBs of free 'on line storage' using google - and Amazon cloud player allows the storage of up to 250 melodies free of charge, that can be played from any location at any time...

If you have the right equipment, you can also cloud print your documents, or parts of a web page... The list is virtually endless...

Robbie....

We can only survive on this earth, as long as we're able to serve the purpose for which we came here...

Therein lies the £64,000 dollar question: 'What might that be'???

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page