How much is it worth? - Page 2 - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-08-2012, 05:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by guidol View Post
If Google drop the support with new Chrome OS Images for Chromebooks only Google will know if there will be a last ever working image - I hope they will do it.
If you could expect it for the lifetime of your chromebook I dont know...some people do buy every 2-3 years a new computer and some do use it mor than 5-7 years....the technology is changing so fast...
Perhaps I expressed myself a little clumsy. Of course I change computer after a few years (2-3 years doesn't sound unreasonable for laptops), but with lifetime support, I mean more Chrome OS itself. I don't want to buy a computer with an OS that I don't get support for at least 2-3 years (an estimated life of the laptop).

By the way, everything that I save in the cloud won't disappear, if Google decides to not support the Chromebook I have anymore?

I really want to buy the CR-48 because I want to explore the Chrome OS at one time. But I want to get support for at least 2 years more (since the CR-48 is already 1 year old). But perhaps I shouldn't count on it?

Quote:
Chrome OS is working on a linux-base like Ubuntu...so there could be a free (user supported) version in the future....but if this version will support the verified boot?
The difference is this verified boot against viruses and some code which is only used on chromebooks...but this isnt much.
Good to know!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-09-2012, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecka View Post
By the way, everything that I save in the cloud won't disappear, if Google decides to not support the Chromebook I have anymore?

I really want to buy the CR-48 because I want to explore the Chrome OS at one time. But I want to get support for at least 2 years more (since the CR-48 is already 1 year old). But perhaps I shouldn't count on it?
The "plus" of the cloud is that everything you saved in the cloud is in the cloud and should accessable with the next device or a web-browser on the next device. I think they wouldnt kill the web (or? -> ACTA?)

The problem discussing about the chromebook support is that these are the first laptops from Google. So we didnt know how good we can count on Google.

Some time ago they killed some web-apps when they doesnt paid for them (like the Product Wave).

So, what if the chromebook/-box wouldnt grow to an success like the chrome browser? So its a little risk, but I think Google is big enough that we can take this risk

If they would do it like Apple with their old iPhones (like the 2G/3G(S))
then you are save..

I personally think the support is good for 2-3 years, if not every year there is a new generation/revision of the chromebook.

The new chromebooks/-box from the CES 2012 wouldnt come to germany according to the news...but we would see what the future will bring.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-09-2012, 12:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
I personally think the support is good for 2-3 years, if not every year there is a new generation/revision of the chromebook.
I hope so, but the question is whether I can count on support for the CR-48 (I know no one but Google can answer that question). CR-48 has been around for a year now, so I would have preferred it had support for two more years. Same goes for the Samsung/Acer Chromebook, but I'm pretty sure they get support for 2-3 years because people have paid for them. I have to pay if I want a CR-48 but they weren't for sale from the start and was sent for free to test pilots.

Quote:
The new chromebooks/-box from the CES 2012 wouldnt come to germany according to the news...but we would see what the future will bring.
I don't know if they will reach Sweden either. Not even the current Chromebooks has reached Sweden. Really sad, I think. But there are a number of Swedes who have bothered to import (the Samsung Chromebook).

Last edited by Rebecka; 02-09-2012 at 12:47 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-19-2013, 10:12 PM
Banned

Thank you for your message very, I think samsung s4 leather case is very good, very smooth and very upscale look to the first vision, to ensure comfortable, easy to distort, to avoid the loss of features to let everyone likes

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page