Hey you, yes you with the CR-48... - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 10:48 PM Thread Starter

Cool Hey you, yes you with the CR-48...

There, I got your attention. I had a question about the trackpad on the CR-48. Do you find that the trackpad is to big or sensitive? Are there decent options to modify the settings of the trackpad?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 11:17 PM

There are only two settings for the trackpad. One slider bar to adjust sensitivity and one check box to allow "tap to click". The trackpad has a clicking mechanism on it, so the "tap to click" was disabled by default. I have enabled it and now can either gently or forcefully submit my click. I have the sensitivity bar set at maximum and find the tracking to be precise and a full night and day better than other netbooks I have used (Acer Aspire's, Dell Inspiron Mini 9 and HP Mini).
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011, 01:41 PM

Send a message via MSN to modder
Good info, thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-15-2011, 02:27 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to bdpwsc
I actually turned the sensitivity down and that is possibly the problem I am having with the tracking, but I found that the trackpad was too sensitive, but who knows.. I do love the Chromebook, but I don't care much for the track
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-15-2011, 03:03 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the feedback. The laptop I have right now as a super sensitive track pad, even with the settings all the way down. I was hopping the Chromebook's track pad had a track pad that was less sensitive. I could still use a USB mouse though, right?
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-15-2011, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred View Post
Thanks for the feedback. The laptop I have right now as a super sensitive track pad, even with the settings all the way down. I was hopping the Chromebook's track pad had a track pad that was less sensitive. I could still use a USB mouse though, right?
I put sensitivity at about 50% when using just the trackpad and all the way to low with a mouse.

I don't know if it is my "Gamer" mouse having to high of DPI but anything higher is unusable. Also if your using an external mouse and you put it to sleep the mouse speed is cranked way up even though it shows the lowest setting.

To fix just move it up one then back down... I have been submitted bug reports with each new version of chrome.. Still not resolved.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-15-2011, 09:56 PM
Dee

I don't currently have one, but my brother does, and when I used his, I had no problem whatsoever with the trackpad. I thought it worked just fine.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-19-2011, 03:03 PM

Sounds like there are still some track pad and external mouse issues going on. So you are saying that when you close the Chromebook it doesn't save the setting, but you can move the mouse a certain way to reload it?
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-27-2011, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn View Post
Sounds like there are still some track pad and external mouse issues going on. So you are saying that when you close the Chromebook it doesn't save the setting, but you can move the mouse a certain way to reload it?
Only from sleep. If you reboot it remembers everything fine. Also the settings don't change...the devices just act different.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-27-2011, 06:52 PM Thread Starter

That is weird. At some point I am sure that Google will come up with a fix for that... maybe. Still, when you say, "the devices just act different" what else do you mean? Are there other devices than the mouse that have issues, if so what are they, and what is the issue?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page