Just got a Chromebook - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-18-2011, 01:22 PM Thread Starter

Just got a Chromebook

The school district I work for received a donation of Chromebooks from Google. Each teacher got to take one home for the summer to try them out. The track pad isn't that great but I can see the value of these for education.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-18-2011, 01:37 PM
Banned

Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigroo View Post
The school district I work for received a donation of Chromebooks from Google. Each teacher got to take one home for the summer to try them out. The track pad isn't that great but I can see the value of these for education.
How awesome!!! Isn't Google great? Almost makes me wish I worked at your school district. I worked in a computer lab at one of the elementary school's in my school district for a few years. We had Dell desktop computers which were pretty good considering over 600 children ranging from K-5 to 6th grade were using them daily. We also had a brilliant district technician which I'm sure played a huge role in the Dell computers ability to take such abuse Anyway, I would have loved to be able to teach the children on Chromebooks back then rather than the Dell's. I wonder how many school districts Google will be donating to. Again....Isn't Google great...and soooo generous?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-18-2011, 05:22 PM

Do you have any questions about the trackpad? There are a couple of customization options that might resolve any issues you are having with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 12:12 PM

Did you just get straight up CR-48's (Mario) or a different device. I know it is posted here but just wondering if Google keeps "finding" more in warehouses.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-15-2011, 02:22 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to bdpwsc
It is my understanding that the trackpad on the Samsung versions are much better than the CR-48. I agree that if I had to change anything with the CR-48, it would be the trackpad.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-15-2011, 02:24 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to bdpwsc
Jason, I was on Google+ yesterday and another gentleman in Philadelphia said he received 2 CR-48's YESTERDAY 7/14/2011... I asked a similar question... why are they sending them out now..
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-12-2013, 04:53 AM

Thank you for your message, look forward to your updated again

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page