Plans for your CR-48? - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 02:31 PM Thread Starter

Plans for your CR-48?

This is for CR-48 owners. Do you plan to keep upgrading your CR-48 or do you think that you will sell it and buy a Samsung or Asus Chromebook?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 05:18 PM
Super Moderator

If I had one I'd not sell.
If chromebooks take over the world, then they will eventually be worth a fair bit. Their limited original distribution will mean they will command a decent price just for their rarity.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 11:55 PM

Technically, CR-48 owners aren't *supposed* to be selling them. I was not one of those who got one, but if I had, I wouldn't sell it. I'd use it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 09:23 AM

I am on my CR-48 right now...I wouldn't sell it because it is part of Computer History...you wouldn't sell your LISA if you had one....
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 03:14 PM Thread Starter

I see, I wish I had been apart of the CR-48 group, that would have been amazing! I bet all of you CR-48 owners feel really special!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 11:47 PM
Moe

Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
Technically, CR-48 owners aren't *supposed* to be selling them. I was not one of those who got one, but if I had, I wouldn't sell it. I'd use it
I had no idea that CR-48 users were not supposed to sell! That's too bad because that means those of us who didn't get one will never get the chance.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-06-2011, 05:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe View Post
I had no idea that CR-48 users were not supposed to sell! That's too bad because that means those of us who didn't get one will never get the chance.
That's not necessarily true. From what I've heard there are already several CR-48's for sale which pretty much lights a fire under me I mean, there are surely thousands of people like me who would have been HONORED to be a part of the CR-48 pilot test program, hence a CR-48 owner. So for those who were chosen as such to then turn around and sell their CR-48 is to me being ungrateful, selfish, wrong, lacking in character, immoral, foolish, and dishonest!!! To those of us who are or would have been HONORED to have a CR-48 (and for free!) would never in a million years even consider selling our CR-48. And the way I look at it, those ungrateful, selfish, wrong, lacking in character, immoral, foolish, and dishonest people took away from other people like me our chance to be a proud and honored CR-48 owner who would have used and owned the CR-48 as it was intended. A perfect example of someone HONORED to be a CR-48 owner and in return using it as INTENDED is.............

JASON, whom is quoted above stating, "I am on my CR-48 right now....I wouldn't sell it because it is part of Computer History....you wouldn't sell your LISA if you had one...."

In my book...Jason, You Rock!!!!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-07-2011, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtluvsChrome View Post
That's not necessarily true. From what I've heard there are already several CR-48's for sale which pretty much lights a fire under me I mean, there are surely thousands of people like me who would have been HONORED to be a part of the CR-48 pilot test program, hence a CR-48 owner. So for those who were chosen as such to then turn around and sell their CR-48 is to me being ungrateful, selfish, wrong, lacking in character, immoral, foolish, and dishonest!!! To those of us who are or would have been HONORED to have a CR-48 (and for free!) would never in a million years even consider selling our CR-48. And the way I look at it, those ungrateful, selfish, wrong, lacking in character, immoral, foolish, and dishonest people took away from other people like me our chance to be a proud and honored CR-48 owner who would have used and owned the CR-48 as it was intended. A perfect example of someone HONORED to be a CR-48 owner and in return using it as INTENDED is.............

JASON, whom is quoted above stating, "I am on my CR-48 right now....I wouldn't sell it because it is part of Computer History....you wouldn't sell your LISA if you had one...."

In my book...Jason, You Rock!!!!
Thanks!

I just really enjoy it plus there isn't another device like it...all black..no Logo's..it really is unique..Plus it really is a great little computer. The Screen is nice..the touchpad is finally usable. The Internet seems pretty fast. The battery life lasts a weekend for off and on use. It boots in sub 7 seconds now and wakes in less time then anything I have seen....
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-08-2011, 02:01 PM

I agree with Jason, if I owned one you would have to pull it out of my cold dead hands. I do have a question. Who says they can't sell them? Was that part of some kind of contract between CR-48 users and Google?
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-15-2011, 02:18 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to bdpwsc
I own one... got in late last year and WON'T sell it. as was mentioned above.. it is a part of history and an everyday part of my life..

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page