Ideally, I want a Chrome Tablet - Page 2 - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 04:39 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickcornaglia View Post
+1 for a ChromeTablet that costs half of what a Motorola Xoom costs. That would make sense and place them in two different categories.
What hardware features would you pass up in order for this new device to hit that price point? Or do you think Motorola are gouging customers with their xoom pricing?

Simply adding the chrome browser to android tablets would make more sense , as then this approach could still take advantage of the growing number of offline tablet apps for Android while getting most of the benefit of Chromeos and html5.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-06-2011, 12:45 PM

I just looked and it looks like the Motorola Xoom is like $600. I have seen other tablets that are sold for around the same amount. So I can't really feel like Motorola is the Dodge Viper of the computer world. So, I am going to go with price gouging on this one.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-06-2011, 04:00 PM

I was also going to wonder why a Chrome tablet would come about especially with the Android OS already in place but who knows, anything could happen either way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011, 02:45 PM

Why not merge Android and Chrome OS into one product? Then we can have the best of both worlds. One tablet (with optional keyboard) that can use apps for both platforms, online or offline.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011, 11:39 AM

How about Dual Boot..if you boot it on the dock it asks you (Chrome OS or HoneyComb) then boom you have the best of both worlds...just a bit more hardware (not much just the verified boot chip).
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011, 04:18 PM

Send a message via MSN to modder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
How about Dual Boot..if you boot it on the dock it asks you (Chrome OS or HoneyComb) then boom you have the best of both worlds...just a bit more hardware (not much just the verified boot chip).
I'd buy that, the variety would be excellent.

post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-15-2011, 01:20 PM

Yeah I feel like Android sucks with a pointer (Transformer) and Chrome would suck with touch input. With that setup it would have the best of both sides of Google's approaches.
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-03-2011, 07:45 PM

Chrome tablet would be great! I'd definitely go for it. I also hope it's going to be a lot cheaper because I think the current price of chromebook is a bit much considering it's more simple than a regular laptop.
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-04-2011, 09:36 AM
Super Moderator

I don't think dual boot is ever the right answer. There will be situations you want to quickly switch tasks and then switch back, and if that requires two reboots you have a broken design.
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-16-2011, 12:57 PM

I have been using a HP TC-1100 for about 7 years. This year I added 4G Internet speed. I have been waiting for a "cloud" tablet for about 4 years. Does anyone know the latest pursuant to when we might have one?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page