How long until we see a Dell or HP Chromebook? - Page 2 - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011, 02:04 PM

I am all for as many companies releasing their Chromebooks as possible. Competition is always good, for the product quality as well as driving the price to the optimum point. I have used hp and they have great customer service so here's my vote to do it HP!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-13-2011, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Hawkes View Post
I am all for as many companies releasing their Chromebooks as possible. Competition is always good, for the product quality as well as driving the price to the optimum point.
These first two commercial models (Samsung and Acer) seem to be of good quality and hopefully won't run/ be able to force bloatware on the user.

I don't want other companies to just "push out" their own token Chromebook because it would be sad to see ChromeOS on poorly-planned/"cheap" hardware. By that I mean laptops with weaker hinger, or cheap plastic "feel".
There's some talk about how the currently being released Chromebooks are 'too expensive' (even though the hardware components are good) and if the 'next wave' are to be cheaper price wise, let's hope it's not gonna feel cheaper experience wise...
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-13-2011, 11:58 AM

Soon I hope! We need more Chromebooks around.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-13-2011, 09:58 PM

Dell ChromeBook

I think Dell will release ChromeBook in a while after Google solving current Flash issues in OS.
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-14-2011, 11:15 AM

HP focus on PalmOS

I agree with previous post that the market will determine when others get into space. Just look at everyone falling over themselves to get a tablet to market after Apple's became a hit.

I see Dell more likely to get a unit out first. HP has to much invested in the PalmOS after buying Palm. I have read that they will modify their current MS offerings somehow and will sell PalmOS tablets. Both these companies have large services organizations built around all the needs that MS platforms require and the ChromeBook will reduce so look for them to drag their feet in getting units to the market.
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-20-2011, 11:38 AM

It will be exciting to see who comes up to bat next.
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-20-2011, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred View Post
I do not really care either way about HP, but I love Dell. Every Dell I have ever owned was great, lasted a long time, and was very cheap to maintain. If Dell makes a Google Chrome Book then I want one of those.
Glad they made someone happy. I've had nothing but crap from Dell.
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-21-2011, 03:28 PM

No doubt that they will make on soon in time HP and Dell will jump on the mass produces best buy discount brand and sell a crazy number of chromebooks!
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-21-2011, 03:52 PM

At this time it seems like HP, Dell and other companies are letting Acer & Samsung take the lead for a bit before they step in. It just makes sense for HP and Dell to have their own chromebooks or at least a laptop with chromebook features.

HP is one of the best computer brands out their, it's all a matter of time till they release a chromebook
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-28-2011, 11:32 AM

I would like HP to make a quick boot WebOS and Windows dual boot then a Chromebook. Dell only if they don't stop shipping Ubuntu machines...I think it is awesome you can get a machine with true Linux on it...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page