Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums (https://www.chromebookforum.com/forum/)
-   Future Chromebooks (https://www.chromebookforum.com/forum/15-future-chromebooks/)
-   -   How long until we see a Dell or HP Chromebook? (https://www.chromebookforum.com/forum/15-future-chromebooks/18-how-long-until-we-see-dell-hp-chromebook.html)

CB4me 05-11-2011 03:34 PM

How long until we see a Dell or HP Chromebook?

I'm really curious to see how long it takes before we see a Dell or HP Chromebook.

This would be a huge win for Google.... but I'm sure Dell and HP have a lot of agreements with Microsoft not to do this sort of thing. It would have a big effect on Windows-platform if these things started selling big quantities.

cloudyone 05-18-2011 08:33 PM

Recently Dell has shown some independence from Microsoft when it comes to non-desktop or laptop computers. for example they offered Linux build options for its netbook line and use Android in the 5'- and 7" Streak tablet line. So its not too far fetched a concept for Dell to do a Chromebook as well sometime in the (indefinite) future.

jwr 05-19-2011 08:36 AM

I am not a huge fan from dell or HP and i don't think these companies will release chromebooks.

geekyass 05-19-2011 04:41 PM

Dell will probably make short work of it, before years end. HP likely won't adopt and instead will try to push a webOS version of it, though I don't know the main differneces between the two.

pelloski 05-22-2011 03:08 PM

I own a Dell and perhaps that says how much I value this model. With Google rolling out the first ever chromebooks, I think there is a lot we are likely to see...with time Microsoft might have to go back to the drawing board.

Alan2011 05-22-2011 03:15 PM

The HP edition would be very interesting. Now, an all in one desktop running native chrome OS... okay, I could just dual boot it... but still...

fred 05-22-2011 08:17 PM

I do not really care either way about HP, but I love Dell. Every Dell I have ever owned was great, lasted a long time, and was very cheap to maintain. If Dell makes a Google Chrome Book then I want one of those.

modder 05-23-2011 04:56 PM

I hope to see both, more hardware manufacturers should mean a better variety of hardware solutions for the ChromeOS to live on.

Chao 05-24-2011 02:03 AM

market will decide everything :)

Bling-Bling 05-24-2011 03:08 AM

I love HP, but I absolutely hate Dell! I hope they don't get in on any of the action. I've never had any luck with any of their equipment - computers or printers.