Samsung Series 6 Chromebooks? - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-29-2011, 03:07 PM Thread Starter

Samsung Series 6 Chromebooks?

Do you think the next Samsung Chromebook will be called the Series 6. Do you know if there are plans to develop a second generation Chromebook? Or because of the nature of the technology will these kinds of upgrades be few and far in between?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-29-2011, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trees View Post
Do you think the next Samsung Chromebook will be called the Series 6. Do you know if there are plans to develop a second generation Chromebook? Or because of the nature of the technology will these kinds of upgrades be few and far in between?
I feel like the Specs aren't going to change to much for the next year. Just like in Android all 3.0+ tablets are still dual core Terga chips. The feature sets may change (HDMI, longer battery, smaller or larger screens, and so on).
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-02-2011, 04:11 PM

Who knows? Google always comes up with a surprising idea/product. Looks to me that it is a good possibility. But I could be wrong. I would like to see other brands of chromebooks, though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-02-2011, 04:46 PM

Send a message via MSN to modder
The only mention I saw of anything was that we can expect Intel i Series processors in the next ones.

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-02-2011, 07:57 PM

If they change the processor then will that change the name of the Chromebook? Like once they use Intel will the Chromebooks with the intel chips be the next gen?
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-02-2011, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred View Post
If they change the processor then will that change the name of the Chromebook? Like once they use Intel will the Chromebooks with the intel chips be the next gen?
I would think that the name will stay the same, it's a Chromebook. It just has a different processor. The Acer and Samsung have different features, but are both Chromebooks.

Certainly if the Intel chips are the new standard, then I'd think Acer and Samsung will have to upgrade as well at some point or risk being seen as old technology / last gen.

Part of the reason I waited on purchasing a Chromebook was 1) waiting to win one and 2) I wanted to see the specs on the next couple manufacturer's Chromebooks... would they be the same? Different? Significantly different? I think the jury is still out.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-03-2011, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
I would think that the name will stay the same, it's a Chromebook. It just has a different processor. The Acer and Samsung have different features, but are both Chromebooks.

Certainly if the Intel chips are the new standard, then I'd think Acer and Samsung will have to upgrade as well at some point or risk being seen as old technology / last gen.

Part of the reason I waited on purchasing a Chromebook was 1) waiting to win one and 2) I wanted to see the specs on the next couple manufacturer's Chromebooks... would they be the same? Different? Significantly different? I think the jury is still out.
I was looking to win one too but I am not saying die yet..my mum has been wanting to purchase one for me .

I foresee great developments and only Google knows what is in store for us.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-03-2011, 11:16 PM

We really do need some more Manufacturers to step up.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-04-2011, 07:27 PM

I agree, I really like Samsung, I am on the fence about Acer and I just want more options. I am sad to see that HP is reluctant, but cant wait for the ASUS Chromebook.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-11-2013, 06:56 AM
Banned

Thank you for your message, I think the Galaxy S4 cases the quality of housing is still very good gives feel very comfortable, more upscale look, better shock and cushion the impact, the surface of the fingerprint-proof design software is very easy to clean, not easily deformed.

BASEUS Dormancy Leather Case for Samsung Galaxy S4 | Cell phone cases at Mtmcart.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page