Dell Experimenting with Chrome OS - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 06:55 PM Thread Starter

Dell Experimenting with Chrome OS

While there is no news about a Dell Chromebook, that might not mean anything. It seems that Dell has been experimenting with the Chrome OS for some time. Do you think this is an indication that we will see one?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-05-2013, 09:46 PM

So anything further on Dell and Chrome OS?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-09-2013, 05:10 PM

With Microsoft buying a large stake in Dell this week, and Dell going private, I would bet there will be some magic reason why Dell will not be selling Chromebooks in the future.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-12-2013, 08:02 PM

I hope Michael Dell is selling his stock, as I would bet the Dell stock price is going to go down rapidly like Nokia.

Nokia was number 3 and is nowhere to be found in the top ten on anyone's popular phone list, stock went from high $30 to $3 just about $4. I knew Microsoft would ruin the Nokia company, after they seeded the board, and just watch Dell follow a similar price decline.

I hope Michael has a guaranteed bottom stock sale price for 5 or 6 years, to prevent him losing his entire investment to Microsoft's blundering...

JR
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-16-2014, 10:23 PM

Dell Chromebook 11= Awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppsAPE View Post
While there is no news about a Dell Chromebook, that might not mean anything. It seems that Dell has been experimenting with the Chrome OS for some time. Do you think this is an indication that we will see one?
Fellow Forum'ers, I just purchased a Dell Chromebook 11 to supplement my new Alienware 14. The A14 is compact enough to travel with, but in all honesty, it's not portable enough to be an every day user for school and general traveling. Which is why I went with the dell Chromebook 11.

I have to say that so far this tiny computer is freaking awesome, and it's just under 2 lbs, and 10 hours of battery life, it's amazing!!

One thing I am wondering is... Is there a place where the actual developers read these posts? I want to either support a growing cause or start it if there isn't any current action being implemented.

Having said that, I want to bring up the notion of developing the drivers for using a Wacom tablet with ChromeOS.

What are the community's thoughts on this subject? As an artist, this is something I'd love to see and believe it will take the ChromeOS to a higher level among the net/note/mini laptop developers.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-16-2014, 10:57 PM

Dell also came out with their Chromebox as well. There's a Celeron 2955 version, a Core i3 version and the Core i7 Chromebox for Meetings version.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page