Chrome OS and Crouton
I just get a Acer C710 and installed crouton (uinity) but I guess some things aren't working correctly. What I have done so far:
- Added a 256 GB SSD
- Installed ChromeOS
- Enterd Developper Mode
- Downloaded Crouton from Github
- Installed Crouton (sudo sh -e ~/Downloads/crouton -t unity)
- Installed German Language Pack
- Installed Software Center + Synaptic
Perhaps you can help me with my problems:
- After starting the Chromebook, there ist the OS verification is off screen... can I turn that off without reseting the chromebook? Or is it possible to skip it automatically after some seconds?
- When I log in into chrome OS everything is fine but when I want to switch to Ubuntu with strg+alt+f2 I only see the developer console where I have to login as chronos and then type in the comand sudo startunity. Here I have two problems. First I have a wrong keyboard layout in the developer console. Can I switch the layout? Second: After loging in as chronos and typing in the comand I always get an error: "Using system config directory "/usr/share/x11/xorg.conf.d" setversion 1.4 failed: Permission denied".... no screen found... please cgeck the log file at"/var/log/Xorg.1.log" but when I switch back to chromeOS (strg+alt+f1) for 1 sec and then back to ubuntu (strg+alt+f2) and type in sudo startunity everything is working. Any suggestion what's wrong here? Is it possible to get automatically into ubuntu when pressing strg+alt+f2 without typing in chronos login and the sudo comand?
- When I switch back to chromeOS and then again to Ubuntu after it startet it only shows a console and I have to press also strg+alt+f3. Can this be fixed?
Thanks for your help! B770
Last edited by B770; 12-10-2014 at 05:08 AM.