help! wifi not work. - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-24-2014, 01:49 AM Thread Starter

help! wifi not work.

I have a samsung (arm) chromebook. For some reason, I restored it with a USD device (following the guide from google's webpages).now when I start the chromebook, it goes to the configuration: from choosing language - keyboard - wifi network, then searches for update.and then it always prompts that network doesn't work. Even I enter the guest mode, I can not load any webpage. It says "page blocked"

I'm quite sure that my wifi is good, because I can go to the internet from other devices like my smart phone, other laptops, etc..

Can anyone help on this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-24-2014, 05:59 AM
Super Moderator

Sharing a few thoughts...

Unless anyone had encountered an exact, similar problem, It would be difficult to replicate and advise on that issue...

If you get no positive replies, it may be best to get advice from a repair agent...

Also, if I were you, I'd not try to make any further adjustments, as you may compound the fault, making it more costly to overcome...

We can only survive on this earth, as long as we're able to serve the purpose for which we came here...

Therein lies the £64,000 dollar question: 'What might that be'???
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundson View Post
I have a samsung (arm) chromebook. For some reason, I restored it with a USD device (following the guide from google's webpages).now when I start the chromebook, it goes to the configuration: from choosing language - keyboard - wifi network, then searches for update.and then it always prompts that network doesn't work. Even I enter the guest mode, I can not load any webpage. It says "page blocked"

I'm quite sure that my wifi is good, because I can go to the internet from other devices like my smart phone, other laptops, etc..

Can anyone help on this?
roundson,

I just restored my chromebook from the recovery download on a USB stick. It starts up asking for that info on the first boot after restoring the O/S.

Do you have a model that has a Ethernet cable plug? I have a early Acer C710 and that worked twice yesterday using a cable and not wireless...

Maybe you need to try the restore again.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page