Chrome OS windows vs tabs - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 05:03 AM Thread Starter

Chrome OS windows vs tabs

I haven't seen seperate windows on Chrome OS yet and want to know if it's a planned feature to allow users to have multiple windows instead of just one full screen one. I say this because as a current windows 7 user I love to drag a window to the side of the screen have it lock into half the screen, do the same with another window, that way I can have 2 sites open at once, for example use google docs to take notes on a site in another window. I understand that there will be the feature for chats and small websites, where they can have things pop up in small little windows, but I want to know can you do it with the regular browser window.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 07:01 AM

I don't think ChromeOS includes something like Aero Snap. The only thing remotely close I read about was an application switcher so you can have multiple web browser windows up with each their own tabs on different screens.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 11:19 AM

I haven't used Windows 7, but that does seem like a nice feature. I like to have easy ways to navigate the many screens I have open at one time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-06-2011, 06:10 AM

I'll use a CB before a Tablet anyday
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-09-2011, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWebTech View Post
I haven't seen seperate windows on Chrome OS yet and want to know if it's a planned feature to allow users to have multiple windows instead of just one full screen one. I say this because as a current windows 7 user I love to drag a window to the side of the screen have it lock into half the screen, do the same with another window, that way I can have 2 sites open at once, for example use google docs to take notes on a site in another window. I understand that there will be the feature for chats and small websites, where they can have things pop up in small little windows, but I want to know can you do it with the regular browser window.
I would be surprised if there wasn't an app/extension or virtual desktop that could facilitate this. If not now, then certainly in the immediate future. Chrome is getting excellent third-party innovator support.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page