Problems with Flash drives on Chrome - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-10-2020, 06:07 PM Thread Starter

Problems with Flash drives on Chrome

I have used Chrome for several years and have experienced a number of problems with handlinbg flash drives in the Chromebook. Are there any tips on size and makes of drive that are best to use?

(1) Whenever I read a USB flash drive in a Windows PC that was written in Chrome I get an error messahe saying it is damaged but when I run diagnostics there is mo problem.

(2) I have a 128GB micro card in my Chromebook. It dismounts itself regularly after sleep and needs to be removed and reinserted. Other USB drives mount automatically on waking.

(3) I have a 128GB mini memory stick. The other day the Chromebook ran out of power while I had a text file open in the Caret editor. When I re-powered it the file name was on the drive but the content was 0kb! It had been wiped out. That hasn't happened with other USB sticks I have.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-19-2020, 10:18 AM

While Chromebooks have Flash built-in, they do not support most plug-ins. ... Chromebooks do not support USB printers – all printing must be done using Google Cloud Print. Chromebooks do, however, support USB flash drives and a variety of memory cards.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page