No Windows? Wow! - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 03:31 PM Thread Starter

No Windows? Wow!

The think about the Chromebook I am most excited about is to be free of Windows. What a blessing!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 03:34 PM

i agreem,loosing windows does feel nice i own a mac and a laptop, i rarely use my mac laptop just due tot he fact that windows vista or any form of vista blows!
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 06:57 PM

I am with you. I have nothing against Windows but I am sick of not having options. I have no interest in Apple or Linux. I am so glad someone is giving us a new OS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-16-2011, 12:10 AM

Is there a website that gives one the chance to experience cloud computing before taking the leap? In other words is their a single site that can direct one to all the online apps that would be used by someone with a chromebook that can be accessed with a typical PC?
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-16-2011, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Is there a website that gives one the chance to experience cloud computing before taking the leap? In other words is their a single site that can direct one to all the online apps that would be used by someone with a chromebook that can be accessed with a typical PC?
There are tons. One for example is the Chrome Web Store. if you have Google Chrome installed simply click the new tab button and look for the icon that looks like a shopping bag. Most apps are free.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-16-2011, 01:56 PM

As-long as you have the chrome OS browser ,then you can install download the applications and be on our way! and have a blast with it!
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-20-2011, 06:04 AM

I agree that the Chromebook is heralding a whole new page in computing and how we will be handling stuff. I have tried looking at the Web Store and there are many applications of interest.

Thumbs up Google!
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-27-2011, 09:43 AM

You guys know that Linux is a real OS...and super easy to use. Gnome, Unity or KDE for your windowing environment has something for everyone! If you stick to a known distro: Fedora, Ubuntu, SuSE, or Mint...You can also load it to a USB flash device and boot on almost any machine to see how it works... Newer machines pick KDE and older use Gnome Classic. Gnome 3 sucks!! IMO
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-27-2011, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
You guys know that Linux is a real OS...and super easy to use. Gnome, Unity or KDE for your windowing environment has something for everyone! If you stick to a known distro: Fedora, Ubuntu, SuSE, or Mint...You can also load it to a USB flash device and boot on almost any machine to see how it works... Newer machines pick KDE and older use Gnome Classic. Gnome 3 sucks!! IMO
Ditto on Gnome 3!! And Unity frustrates me as well!!

This group should be aware that Chrome OS is built on a Linux kernel....
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-27-2011, 04:55 PM

I also love the idea of giving Microsoft a competition. I've got a Vista for now and in 3 years I have had to reformat it several times already. Updates are a headache and the MS Office is ridiculously expensive. They sell you the whole bunch when you only need a thing or two and you paid for the rest for nothing. What a complete waste of money.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page