Printing to Network Printer - Page 2 - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 09:41 PM
Dee

Yes, thank you for this! I was in need of this information (for future reference, but still) and now I have it. I am using an HP networked printer here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-03-2014, 09:23 AM

After a lot of fruitless googling, Russ' picture finally answered my question, can a "classic" network printer connected directly to the router be used in Cloud Print? The disappointing answer is no.

Lane
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-08-2014, 04:51 AM

I have a Canon MP620 network printer but dont use any Windows or Mac computers, only a couple of Androids and an iPad. All use Printershare for printing, but the Chromebook wont print through this program to the other devices, nor will it print to them using Cloud Print. I dont want to put a print server in the system. How can I print?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-17-2014, 02:28 AM
Super Moderator

Chromebook printing...

I have an Acer c720 Chromebook amongst other computerized equipment, all of which will print to an Epson SX 435 wireless printer, with some: to a standard Epson Inkjet all in one... Such includes the main PC (a Lenovo all in one Windows 8.1) a HP laptop running win 7 - a Samsung galaxy tab 3 and of course: the CB...

Providing my main PC is switched on (that is the machine the wireless printer is programmed into) I can network or cloud print from any location in the apartment or from a distant location ~ using a different sever and network... It took a bit of working out, but it's all up and running now...

My next project (experiment) is to allow friends to use the printing equipment: all-be-it they live in other parts of the country ~ or just down the passage, via the printer share option, that can be set up on the main Lenovo computer...

It's quite fascinating how everything works so smoothly ~ and the 'clicking sound' when contact is made: is quite electrifying...

We can only survive on this earth, as long as we're able to serve the purpose for which we came here...

Therein lies the 64,000 dollar question: 'What might that be'???
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014, 11:26 AM
Super Moderator

Further to that I've already written, last evening I went several miles to a friends house and using the cloud printing process with my Acer c720 Chromebook, and the Google Drive system, I successfully printed to both my Epson SX 435W (a wireless printer programmed into my windows 8.1 Lenovo desktop) and my Epson SX200 also attached to the same Lenovo... The complete process worked like a dream...

Don't know if that will be of any interest to you... Maybe ~ maybe not...

Indecently, using all the same equipment, I can print from my chromebook, to a friends Canon MG 2400XPS printer, which is sited 130 miles across country and she can print on any of mine... And ~ it's all done without a Harry Potter wand or broomstick...

Rob....

We can only survive on this earth, as long as we're able to serve the purpose for which we came here...

post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-04-2014, 05:14 PM
Super Moderator

Moving on from that already mentioned, I've now got an Epson XP 610, which is fully cloud programmed, in that it has it's own Email address... Using that address, anything I need printing can be done by sending the material directly to that address ~ emails: etc... Haven't actually had a need to do that yet, other than for test purposes ~ and I do that often, with any types of equipment that I can lay my hands on... It's an interesting pastime...

Oh yes ~ I can also print to any of my printers from the chromebook and a Galaxy Tab 3...

Hope this might be of interest to someone...

Robbie....

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-04-2014, 05:52 PM
Super Moderator

I failed to mention...

One of the main things about this second wireless printer, is that the computer on which the initial set-up was accomplished, doesn't need to be online at the same time... The printer will still work; accept and print: any mail that is sent to it: without any adjacent support...

That's where the XP610 printer email address comes in handy... During certain hours, any of my regular contacts, with important messages to send me, can do so (using that address ~ with the default one) knowing that such will get full attention at the crack of dawn, or, more specifically, before any main daily activities commence...

Robbie....

post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-10-2015, 06:39 AM

The printer must always be "ON?"

My windows computer on which the printer is connected, goes to sleep after a certain amount of time. The printer also goes to sleep.

I used to be able to print from my windows laptop, and it would wake up the printer with no problem. How are you printing to remote locations if the receiving printer is not ON?

Seems impossible to always call ahead and say, "turn on your printer, I want to send a print job to you...."

I will try the suggestions about getting the cloud app on the windows computer, and trying to sync it to my CB. But I just thought about this issue of an "ON" computer as I was reading through the various suggestions on how to print from the CB on a standard computer.

thanks
sandy
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-10-2015, 10:16 AM
Super Moderator

Sandy, if your computer goes to sleep, naturally, the printer will go off-line and also be asleep...

Have you checked the power settings on your computer, to show that it will never go to sleep??? That can be done in 'Control Panel'....

What windows programme are you working with??? Win XP, Vista, Win 7 or some other???

Robbie...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page