Will Chromebook include Google Music invite? - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-28-2011, 11:45 AM Thread Starter

Will Chromebook include Google Music invite?

I am interested in buying a Chromebook regardless, but it would be great if all buyers got an invite to Google Music beta, as it would really help with integration of "cloud apps" and using my Android phone, Chromebook laptop, and the various Google docs, Google apps, Gmail and Google Music.

Feels like they are gaining a monopoly on my life! But I love it - they do a wonderful job!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-29-2011, 02:39 AM

I was wondering the same thing. Seems like they would include an invite, if not open the invitation to everyone at that point. I don't see myself using the native media player for music, so hopefully that's the case. Until then, I'm a satisfied Rhapsody subscriber.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-29-2011, 07:04 AM

Yeah, Google seems to be a monopoly of some sort to me..but they do a great job nonetheless; can't complain so far.

I look forward to this device appealing to the masses.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-29-2011, 08:41 PM

I already got an invite,but it would seem cool for those who didn't if the Chromebook came with one. Probably wouldn't happen though.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-16-2011, 07:07 PM

I *wish* my chromebook came with the invite for google music.
I was able to buy my chromebook, but you can't buy that elusive invite....
Chromebook owners should automatically be opted in for the beta if the request was already submitted...
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-16-2011, 11:53 PM

Fortunately I was invited to Music Beta just a few days prior to receiving my Chromebook. I use Rdio for most of my music needs, but Music Beta is good for any albums I have that aren't available on Rdio.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 04:20 PM

Send a message via MSN to modder
Yeah no official plan for the invite to be bundled with the device, I'm dying for one.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 11:25 PM

Too bad there is no official plan for that. I would have really liked that. I guess we just have to keep waiting and keep our fingers crossed and see what happens.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-20-2011, 10:59 PM

i hope that they make this for the public soon without an invite. i would really enjoy to use this when i get my chromebook.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-28-2011, 02:12 PM

i got an invite on friday and i've been using it since then at work (Windows Vista and I.E) on a Droid X and and home on my Chromebook. The only glitch is that to get your MP3s uploaded you have to use a windows computer. I'm also using that computer to rip all of the CDs that i never got around to ripping. After they're online, it's awesome. I would just like to be able to plug in the external drive that i was storing them on and upload them right form my chromebook.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page