Google Docs - Page 3 - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-01-2011, 06:37 PM

I am having trouble with Google Docs as well. I can create a document but then if I am on my computer and want to copy and past it, then it comes out all strange.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-01-2011, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
So theoretically, it's compatible with most formats, but in reality it's kind of picky? I should probably start now getting the hang of using it and figuring out what I can and can't use with it.
A couple of times I've had trouble with formatting. Something that looks great in Google Docs looks really weird in MS Word, and vice versa. I'd play around with it and figure out how to use it with the minimum amount of fuss, for sure.
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 01:43 PM

I'm using OpenOffice Writer and there is just a slight difference in formatting like the line spacing. However, if I copy/paste a text from OpenOffice Writer to Google Document, the problem is with the bulleted list. I think it's better to download and upload the files rather than copy and paste.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-08-2011, 11:35 PM Thread Starter

Well, I think I may know part of the issue I was facing.

This was my first try using Google docs and of course I tried my budget spreadsheet: a tab for each month, ton of formulas, and auto-populations and calculations on an annual summary tab. ... Well, from what I've seen of the Google doc spreadsheets, it is B.A.S.I.C. spreadsheet 101. Doesn't handle 1% of what I normally do with them. It appears that I have a file that's just too robust for the type of "free" access G docs offers.

If this is the case, that's really too bad, as I wanted to really try to cut the tie with my laptop and give a whole-hearted try at switching to the cloud.

Now, there's probably another cloud service (MS?) I could use that would have the oomph to run the type of spreadsheet I have, but that's annoying and not Chomebook simple.

... and ... this is just my personal budget. Not even close to they stuff I do at work.
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-09-2011, 10:44 PM

I personally love Google Docs! Very well designed system. We use it for our start up company, and it works great to share documents to everyone on the go! Love having it in the Cloud!
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 12:36 PM

Anyone know of a time frame for when Google Docs will be completely available for offline use, and not just be able to view the document?
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromeJoe View Post
Anyone know of a time frame for when Google Docs will be completely available for offline use, and not just be able to view the document?
Nothing has been announced as of yet.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page