Apps Mania - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 06:59 PM Thread Starter

Apps Mania

I do not have enough time to go through every single app out there. I thought I would start a thread asking everyone what their favorite three apps are. Maybe I will find something new!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 07:20 PM

SourceKit - A Textmate like lightweight programmer's text editor right inside of Chrome. It saves files directly to Dropbox, so if you have the Dropbox sync software installed, the changes will appear locally as if you did so with a text editor! Changes will be stored remotely so naturally this same extension will pull up the same copy of the file everywhere!

MOG (requires subscription) - As a MOG subscriber, you’ll enjoy unlimited access to over 10 million songs on demand, both on the web and on your TV (with Roku or GoogleTV). Plus, enjoy a revolutionary new radio that reveals the huge limitations of satellite and other Internet radio services. Perfect your music-listening experience: TRY MOG FREE FOR 14 DAYS!

Aviary Suite Extension - Aviary is a suite of powerful creative applications that you can use right in your web browser. We're on a mission to make creation accessible to artists of all genres, from graphic design to audio editing. Let Aviary and Worth1000 artists perform design services for you. Sign up for an account today to start creating, sharing, and collaborating with our community of artists.

These three are awesome for what I'll be using my Chromebook for.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 11:21 AM

I really like Quick Note from diigo. Tweetdeck and Feedly. My favorite things about Chrome, though are the extensions. Checker Plus for Google Calendar, the google dictionary that lets you just select a word on any web page to get the definition, there's a pull down calculator. Extensions are just terrific. Even have a Google Music extension that pulls up Google Music and lets you play songs right from the extension.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droymac View Post
SourceKit - A Textmate like lightweight programmer's text editor right inside of Chrome. It saves files directly to Dropbox, so if you have the Dropbox sync software installed, the changes will appear locally as if you did so with a text editor! Changes will be stored remotely so naturally this same extension will pull up the same copy of the file everywhere!

MOG (requires subscription) - As a MOG subscriber, you’ll enjoy unlimited access to over 10 million songs on demand, both on the web and on your TV (with Roku or GoogleTV). Plus, enjoy a revolutionary new radio that reveals the huge limitations of satellite and other Internet radio services. Perfect your music-listening experience: TRY MOG FREE FOR 14 DAYS!

Aviary Suite Extension - Aviary is a suite of powerful creative applications that you can use right in your web browser. We're on a mission to make creation accessible to artists of all genres, from graphic design to audio editing. Let Aviary and Worth1000 artists perform design services for you. Sign up for an account today to start creating, sharing, and collaborating with our community of artists.

These three are awesome for what I'll be using my Chromebook for.

Thanks for the recommedation on SourceKit. I like the idea and I like DropBox. My concern is that I will be on wi-fi and sometimes on unsecured wifi. When I tried SourceKit, it seemed to require access to DropBox which I want to avoid on unsecured wifi. Any other suggestions for Chrome apps for text editing (shoot me dead if I have to use google docs everytime).
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 07:42 PM

I hear what you're saying, and I agree. So far it's the best app for what it does, although it seems like it would be fully functional offline if it weren't dependent on Dropbox.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 08:54 PM

I would say Google Docs if I wasn't afraid DW would have me shot too! I really like Mint, it is for budgeting and financial stuff. Simplifies it for me. I also like evernote, which is awesome if you have a HTC Flyer and a computer.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-18-2011, 03:43 AM
Super Moderator

Imo.im for instant messaging with friends, yammer.com for colleagues

More corporate stuff:
Liquidplanner.com for collaborative project management
Sugar or salesforce.com for crm
Pivotal tracker for agile software development

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page