Pixlr Photo Editor - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 12:32 PM Thread Starter

Pixlr Photo Editor

I have just tried using Pixlr Editor, an in browser photo editor and it's quite impressive. I am not a professional photo editor but this app is good enough for me to edit my photos for blogging.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 01:45 PM

Good to know! I hadn't heard of it before, but I've been looking for a good browser photo editor for a while. Thanks for the info!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-03-2011, 01:49 PM

I cannot save images from Pixelr onto my Chromebook. Is anyone else having this problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-04-2011, 01:11 PM

I can either

Quote:
Originally Posted by phpeter View Post
I cannot save images from Pixelr onto my Chromebook. Is anyone else having this problem?
I can't either. what a shame. great app. I wrote to them and reported it. Their reply was one line:

"There is a bug with flash on chromebook which makes it impossible to save."
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-04-2011, 01:39 PM

Hi Just wanted to be sure to note that if you have picassa web albums you can easily save from pixlr to Picasa -- it works really well. YOu can make a nonpublic album in picasa and save artwork that is in process . When the letter noted the flash error it did not refer to all the other kinds of saves you can do in pixlr. just to the chromebook save.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phpeter View Post
I wrote this guide to writing your own Chrome apps a while back, it explains saving to your computer with Pixlr in the very first step.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 09:27 PM
CO2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droymac View Post
I wrote this guide to writing your own Chrome apps a while back, it explains saving to your computer with Pixlr in the very first step.
I guess Flash has updated. I did the fix by disabling Flash version10.3.200.107, but I couldn't make it work.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-26-2011, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO2 View Post
I guess Flash has updated. I did the fix by disabling Flash version10.3.200.107, but I couldn't make it work.
I'm having the same issue. Pixlr freezes up when I try to save an image to local storage with Pepper Flash disabled. That's a bummer...
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-20-2014, 08:59 PM

Using Pixlr Photo Editor, I cannot save the processed image to local file on my computer or save it to Chromebook. So I tried another free image editor I have googled.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-23-2014, 02:43 AM

Pixlr is awesome!

No need to save it onto your Chromebook... add Pixlr as an Extension to Google Docs and save it directly to your Google Drive.

You can also make all of your .jpg .png .gif files stored in your Google Drive open with Pixlr so you can edit it.

C'mon Google, just buy Pixlr already... they already bought Picnik which isn't half as good as Pixlr.

Last edited by makonnen; 01-23-2014 at 02:51 AM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page