Chromebox possibilities - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 03:38 PM Thread Starter

Chromebox possibilities

I am curious, what is with all the people saying that Chromebox will not be released to the public. Is that official news or speculation? Because I would love to see both the Google Chrome Book and Chrome Box become a reality one day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 06:02 PM
jwr

Who said that? If they won't release it to the public why the teased it?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 09:27 PM
Ben

I believe what they are discussing is the lack of in-store release. It will not be sold IN best buy, only online. They want only the informed to purchase it, and certainly not somebody who might not even have a gmail account - if somebody ends up with a chromebook expecting a laptop, the chromebook gets bad press. With their limited release plan, Google has made it so that people with a chromebook should be ridiculed if they do not have at least some idea of the cloud concept. This is particularly wise because the marketing to early adopters is the only viable option here, and early adopters are quite happy to order it online.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-23-2011, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
I believe what they are discussing is the lack of in-store release. It will not be sold IN best buy, only online. They want only the informed to purchase it, and certainly not somebody who might not even have a gmail account - if somebody ends up with a chromebook expecting a laptop, the chromebook gets bad press. With their limited release plan, Google has made it so that people with a chromebook should be ridiculed if they do not have at least some idea of the cloud concept. This is particularly wise because the marketing to early adopters is the only viable option here, and early adopters are quite happy to order it online.
lol ordering the netbook that IS the web basically, using the web. idk why but it sounded funny to me (probably because of my lack of sleep)
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-23-2011, 05:49 AM

Xi3 ChromiumPC: First desktop PC to run Google Chrome OS due in July | ZDNet

Here's a blog post about the chrome PC.

I'm a little intrigued by this because it's apparently going to be a modular PC without a motherboard. I've never heard of such a thing.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-23-2011, 03:11 PM

Well, I guess the Chromebook is coming with a whole new concept. In selling it only online, does that mean they will end up with only the informed?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page