bluetooth on series 3 - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-12-2014, 07:47 AM Thread Starter

bluetooth on series 3

Hi all

First time posting so go easy on me.

I have been looking into purchasing a Samsung chromebook series 3. A problem Im getting is tearing my hear out with the specs.
According to samsung bluetooth is now available on the xe303 and xe300 model powered by the arm processor. However every website I look at to buy one for the above models the specs says no bluetooth or doesnt mention it at all, but its the same models that samsung says has bluetooth. even the samsung website on specs says no bluetooth. What is going on?

Im in the UK and the only websites I see that do say they have bluetooth are in the US

Can anyone advise me

Many thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-12-2014, 09:01 AM
Super Moderator

Hi Viking...

I've got an Acer Chromebook, that does appear to have blue tooth installed, although its usage is limited to a few items... I've taken a quick screenshot, although it's not too clear, it does show and in some way kinda proves that such does exist on the machine... I collected the link, from Google share... Hope it works for yah...

Robbie D....

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwo...it?usp=sharing

We can only survive on this earth, as long as we're able to serve the purpose for which we came here...

Therein lies the 64,000 dollar question: 'What might that be'???
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-12-2014, 09:07 AM
Super Moderator

Hi again... Forgot to say, that my Chromebook, is an Acer C720... Don't know if that is appropriate to the machine you're asking about...

Robbie D....

We can only survive on this earth, as long as we're able to serve the purpose for which we came here...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-15-2014, 05:10 PM Thread Starter

THank you for that Robbie. I ended up purchasing the XE303 the company I bought it from even states no blue tooth but in did in fact have it. But like you said it has only a few capabilities. I recognises my phone and connects to it but wont transfers files. NO biggie.

The problem I am now facing is watching movies or programs. The pixel density or what ever it is is terrible during scenes when it is dark, you can see all the patchiness. is this the norm?
I guess you get what you pay for. Has anyone else found this problem?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-16-2014, 03:58 AM
Super Moderator

Graphics....

Sorry to learn about your viewing problems... That must be very annoying... But, as you say Viking, you get according to what you spend...

I can't imagine that for the price, the Chromebook was ever meant to give outstanding results in all areas...

But that aside, I find that for the money, the overall performance is pleasantly surprising and for what might be described as 'a reasonably priced 'back-up' machine' ~ there's not a lot missing...

The main reason I bought mine, was for vacation purposes, the need to further my knowledge of technical equipment and training purposes...

I hope your purchase does eventually become a useful tool for you and gives you good service: with the passing of time...

Nice to have made your acquaintance...

Robbie D...

P.S. (Give us a shout any time)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page