Keepass-Now What? - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-02-2013, 09:15 PM Thread Starter

Keepass-Now What?

Hi folks, seemed like a Chromebook would be great for me as I live pretty much on chrome browser. So a new Samsung is on the way. I now realize that I use Keepass for all websites and it seems that can't be run on a Chromebook.
I did a search and didn't find a discussion re: password managers. Could someone advise me on what they are using for password managers and if satisfied with them.
Help please...................
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-03-2013, 09:14 AM

I found this using Google.............

Lastpass.

LastPass - Password Manager, Form Filler, Password Management
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-03-2013, 11:32 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply and I have seen that option also. Does anyone with a Chromebook have experience with Lastpass.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-03-2013, 08:23 PM Thread Starter

Looks like the LastPass is a pretty popular solution to my concern. I had not wanted to put my passwords online, but reading the comments and spec's of the system have made me a believer. It will simplify my computer usage if all goes well.
Thanks again.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 10:46 AM Thread Starter

Update, Keepas-Lastpass

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtucson View Post
Looks like the LastPass is a pretty popular solution to my concern. I had not wanted to put my passwords online, but reading the comments and spec's of the system have made me a believer. It will simplify my computer usage if all goes well.
Thanks again.
It seems that I have to be logged into Google to actually use L/P. My Google password was 24 digits long and lived on K/P. I found it simpler; less secure, to dumb it down to one I can even have a hope of remembering. The counter benefit is that L/P has a two stage log in option, which I opted for on the Chromebook, not the desktop.

Other than the password issue I am enjoying the Chromebook. It is very fast at start up. Battery life is very good for the way I use it. I like having the keyboard (where the heck did the delete key go??).
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-01-2013, 01:15 AM
Banned

Very thank you for your message, look forward to your update again
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-06-2013, 05:11 AM

Hardly ever make comments on blogs but enjoyed spending some time reading yours, Thanks for all your work.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-27-2013, 01:13 PM

Funny, this was the first thing I hit as well. "Oh #%@#[email protected] - how am I going to login to anything?" I use PasswordSafe for my PC.

I think LastPass is a good choice. I still keep a lot of my core, really important passwords in PasswordSafe (my CB isn't and will never be my only machine). But for a lot of web things, I am moving to LastPass.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page