How does the PSN Outage affect offering like the Chromebook? - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-18-2011, 11:02 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via MSN to modder
How does the PSN Outage affect offering like the Chromebook?

I was curious as to what you all thought about the timing of the Chromebook, considering all the bad press about keeping data online thanks to the Playstation network outage and all the stolen data that followed. Thoughs?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-18-2011, 03:28 PM

it would effect peoples faith into google, but that was more of an internal issue were people were doing this and that and blah blah blah, which is did take them quiet some time to fix the issue. But people were also reimbursed as well...
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-18-2011, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by modder View Post
I was curious as to what you all thought about the timing of the Chromebook, considering all the bad press about keeping data online thanks to the Playstation network outage and all the stolen data that followed. Thoughs?
I think not so much. At least it won't stop me from getting a Chromebook! As for other folks, I suspect the effect will be short-lived, especially as Sony seems to be trying very hard to correct the situation. While unfortunate, data breaches are one of the risks using the internet for anything. Just exercise caution (e.g., avoid dodgy looking websites and email offers, be careful who you share personal and financial data with) and common sense security practices (e.g., don't open links to websites in emails from people you don't know).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-19-2011, 04:35 PM

I think the people who are attracted to this offering also are people who know the in and outs of the risks with Cloud solutions already and aren't impacted by an out of character outage.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-19-2011, 05:12 PM

The Cloud is new and not without risk but I also am going to vote with my $$$.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 12:35 PM

It does raise some concern for me but it won't be the main reason I won't buy in. I do want to wait a bit and see how everything works out though.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page