Win a Chromebook - Giving away 3 Free Chromebooks! - Page 37 - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #361 of 379 (permalink) Old 07-15-2011, 09:02 PM

What happened with the first drawing? Did he pop in and claim it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 379 (permalink) Old 07-15-2011, 11:21 PM

Hey Jason, congrats on winning! I'll be looking forward to the review and specs of course.
post #363 of 379 (permalink) Old 07-15-2011, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
What happened with the first drawing? Did he pop in and claim it?
That's what I was wondering, too...
post #364 of 379 (permalink) Old 07-16-2011, 02:41 AM
Super Moderator

In order to avoid more controversy, please can the mods either take down the banner now or announce a new set of prizes and a new closing date?
post #365 of 379 (permalink) Old 07-16-2011, 10:41 AM

Gratz Jason!
post #366 of 379 (permalink) Old 07-16-2011, 10:50 AM

The controversy is immaterial at this point. The owners of this site and forum could choose to make their rules as real or flexible as they wished.

What was meant by register, make 5 posts, like the facebook page, then post to this thread "to be eligible to win" could be as specific or arbitrary as desired. The idea that any of that needed to get done by June 15 was merely for planning purposes. The "quality" of any posts provided could also be determined by the owners.

The last post that was made on June 15 would have limited eligible participants in the contest to fewer than 190 people had that deadline been real. Announcing the winners on June 15 or explaining how the winners might be drawn/chosen/selected from the <190 eligible contenders were details that participants did not need.

The value of the site/forum to the owner is determined by participation. The delay in shipping of Chromebooks worked to expand the number of participants in the forum and the contest. No participant was entitled to any explanation.

Congratulations to to cb4me, modder and jason!

Enter to WIN a Samsung Chromebook on ChromebookForum!

ChromebookForum.com will be giving away 3 Samsung Series 5 Chromebooks!

How to Enter:

There are 3 easy steps to enter the ChromebookForum.com Chromebook Give-away:

1) Register on ChromebookForum.com for free

2) Make at least 5 posts regarding the Chromebook

3) "Like" ChromebookForum.com on Facebook

Once you have completed these 3 steps, simply post in this thread below, and you will become eligible to win 1 of 3 Samsung Series 5 Chromebooks!

3 Winners will be chosen on June 15th!

Register now and begin posting!
post #367 of 379 (permalink) Old 07-16-2011, 12:06 PM

i want a chrome
post #368 of 379 (permalink) Old 07-16-2011, 12:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by russcasey View Post
In order to avoid more controversy, please can the mods either take down the banner now or announce a new set of prizes and a new closing date?
russcasey....what a perfect, precise, and to the point question

@admin........DITTO to russcasey
@mods......... DITTO to russcasey
THANKS
post #369 of 379 (permalink) Old 07-16-2011, 12:59 PM
Banned

HELLO???? Anybody Home???

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlviper View Post
Hey Guys....

The first of 3 winners is............................... CB4me

Now.... I did the drawing as very random ...... I noticed CB4me hasn't logged in for awhile...... so ..............

I have PM'ed and emailed CB4me..... but, if he doesn't reply within 72 hours..... I will announce a new winner!

Otherwise, the next winner will be announced on FRIDAY JULY 15th!!!!!!!
So I just checked CB4me's profile and he still hasn't checked into this site since June 3, 2011.

@rdlviper.....are you planning on keeping your word here anytime soon or what? If not, your forum members would really appreciate an update and we would appreciate our questions answered such as...."Has CB4me been notified yet?" What is your problem? I'm not trying to be rude here....My PROBLEM is fickleness and broken promises. Anyway, hope to hear the new winner announced today. That would be great. It would also be great if the winner were me....or kobe....or Zora....or anyone really but after my post here is read....I won't be winning. Never did had a chance after my lack of "ass kissing" and pro activity of confrontation. Sorry, what's right is right.

Here's a little math for the day....
7/11/2011 @ 5:46 PM + 72 hours = 7/14/2011 5:46 PM
7/16/2011 @ 9:45 AM - 7/14 5:46 PM = 39 hours and 59 minutes

So I guess, If I did my math correct, rdlviper's word is 39 hours and 59 minutes LATE...hhhmmm imagine that.

Hey I'm sorry guys for all this "smart ellic" type of posts I'm making in this thread and I don't know maybe I should find a different forum because I'm just a moral person who believes in honesty, integrity, and keeping to one's promise's or at least explain the reason for not. So again guys and gals, I am sorry for the "negativity" if that's what you want to call the truth. I love this forum, I just don't particularly love rdlviper, our mod. And I have not a single doubt I lost ANY chance I had for winning the first moment I confronted his lack of integrity. But hey....that only increased the rest of your all's chances, right? I didn't do the "ass kissing" (let you do that), I did the confronting for all of us who just wanted to know what was going on.

Have a great day!

Last edited by mtluvsChrome; 07-16-2011 at 01:01 PM.
post #370 of 379 (permalink) Old 07-16-2011, 03:42 PM

Sorry 6sigma but any competent US attorney would disagree with you (and the fact that the domain is registered in Canada is immaterial). And yes, I did ask.

This site is a commercial endeavor; by soliciting our contest entries and requiring our endorsements on Facebook, they have entered into a commercial contract with us. If they are unable to comply with the rules they established than they are in violation of said contract. They can terminate the contract in it's entirety but they cannot change the rules without the agreement of all participants.

Goodbye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6sigma View Post
The controversy is immaterial at this point. The owners of this site and forum could choose to make their rules as real or flexible as they wished.

What was meant by register, make 5 posts, like the facebook page, then post to this thread "to be eligible to win" could be as specific or arbitrary as desired. The idea that any of that needed to get done by June 15 was merely for planning purposes. The "quality" of any posts provided could also be determined by the owners.

The last post that was made on June 15 would have limited eligible participants in the contest to fewer than 190 people had that deadline been real. Announcing the winners on June 15 or explaining how the winners might be drawn/chosen/selected from the <190 eligible contenders were details that participants did not need.

The value of the site/forum to the owner is determined by participation. The delay in shipping of Chromebooks worked to expand the number of participants in the forum and the contest. No participant was entitled to any explanation.

Congratulations to to cb4me, modder and jason!

Enter to WIN a Samsung Chromebook on ChromebookForum!

ChromebookForum.com will be giving away 3 Samsung Series 5 Chromebooks!

How to Enter:

There are 3 easy steps to enter the ChromebookForum.com Chromebook Give-away:

1) Register on ChromebookForum.com for free

2) Make at least 5 posts regarding the Chromebook

3) "Like" ChromebookForum.com on Facebook

Once you have completed these 3 steps, simply post in this thread below, and you will become eligible to win 1 of 3 Samsung Series 5 Chromebooks!

3 Winners will be chosen on June 15th!

Register now and begin posting!
Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page