Why do you want a Chromebook? - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 12:31 PM Thread Starter

Why do you want a Chromebook?

I have seen a lot of excitement, online and offline, about the Chromebook. What are some of the main reasons you want a Chromebook? What attracted you to the concept?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 10:41 PM

Send a message via AIM to kjfulton Send a message via MSN to kjfulton Send a message via Skype™ to kjfulton
A few reasons:

I was a Firefox fan for years before I tried out Chrome which hugely impressed me

I just took the CompTIA A+ course and would love a machine with a SSD, something which I think is awesome beyond words.

Education. I think it would be a really useful and versatile tool in the classroom.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-21-2011, 12:28 AM

I'm very excited about the possibility of having a completely new web browsing experience, more independent of the regular and expensive programs from Microsoft. My only worry is about the compatibility of it with traditional programs (like Skype) that I use very often and where I keep lots of information. That makes it harder for people to take the decision of convert.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-21-2011, 05:20 PM Thread Starter

Kjfulton, I'm also a Firefox fan and I've started using Chrome after my friend convinced me to use it once. Now I use it more and more often.

I haven't really considered the compatibility of some of of my favorite programs. I'll have to look into that more.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-21-2011, 09:08 PM

I need a new laptop, this is something new and I am always at the end of the queue when it comes to new technology. Seriously, I still have an Ipod Shuffle! For once I'd like to be at the front of the pack, though I'm not totally confident about taking that position.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-21-2011, 09:47 PM

I just love Google Chrome and I really want to try the OS .
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 03:47 AM

As a student, having a quick booting, web-focused, long lasting notebook that can last a whole day on a single charge is very appealing. Not to mention since a lot of tasks are moving to the web, having a notebook that can "only do internet" isn't such a bad thing.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 08:42 AM

I need a netbook size device for school; iPad is too small, and most netbooks are laptop wannabes. I also want the cloud storage so I can synch everywhere and everything.

I
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 03:24 PM

Heavy laptop that distracts students vs. light chromebook that can do everything I need in school and boots up fast to avoid waiting time during class. Definitely going for the chromebook.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 04:56 PM

I like the idea of a netbook that is a real NETbook, not just an under-powered laptop trying to run a full blown OS, yet more than just an entertainment device (*cought* iPad *cough).

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page