Question on wireless mouse - Page 2 - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-05-2014, 05:01 PM

Bluetooth Mouse

Hi I have a Logitech M557 bluetooth mouse.It connected without any problem.The only issue I have found is that sometimes it doesn't respond.I have to switch it off and back on and then reconnect.I cant find anything about this on the web.I do know that with a Windows PC the default power saving option is to disconnect the device after it has been idle for a while and I'm thinking this is what's happening with the Chromebook.In Windows there is an option to disable this but there doesn't seem to be one in the Chromebook.I have a Windows PC but as yet haven't tried the mouse to see if the same issue occurs so dont know if its the mouse or Chromebook 'going to sleep' thats causing the issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-05-2014, 05:47 PM

Hi Annie,
Just a thought, Bluetooth may be slow to resume after wake up or low battery power on the mouse.

Colin

A seminar on time travel will be held in two weeks ago.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-06-2014, 01:23 AM
Super Moderator

Hi Annie ~ just a quick reply here...
It's just a quick passing thought and I know this is an oddball point to raise, but are there batteries in your mouse, if so, how long have they been in there and were they good quality... The latter can make quite a difference...
I've experienced similar from time to time and it's always been the batteries that were at fault...

We can only survive on this earth, as long as we're able to serve the purpose for which we came here...

Therein lies the 64,000 dollar question: 'What might that be'???

Last edited by Robbie Dalziel; 05-06-2014 at 01:24 AM. Reason: Typos...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-25-2014, 02:08 PM

Thanks for taking the trouble to post.Its a brand new mouse with the batteries that came with it.I have tried it on a windows PC and it seems to be fine
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-26-2014, 02:22 AM
Super Moderator

Hi Annie... Is that mouse working OK now?

I have a Lenovo computer, that came with that brand of wireless mouse and keyboard... I tried the mouse in the Chromebook and it worked instantaneously... So, it would appear that the C Book, doesn't appear to have a problem with wireless equipment... Maybe, on yours it's the bluetooth connection that's at fault... Not the actual mouse... It's just a thought...

Robbie...

post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 02:22 AM

Fcc uufsfmw205

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page