Question on wireless mouse - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-03-2014, 01:07 PM Thread Starter

Question on wireless mouse

Hi there.

I have bought a new Acer C720 Chromebook and I have yet to open it. But I would like to discuss about Bluetooth connectivity with 3rd-party accessories.

Will a normal wireless Bluetooth mouse work with the Chromebook even if it says "Compatible with Windows & Mac"?

Based on my research I want something that has a built-in receiver and an accurate laser underneath. Or is that asking too much?

As there are so many out there what guys would you recommend? First thing comes to mind is Logitech which seems to be the "standard" nowadays.

Please advice. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-03-2014, 04:50 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Mouse matters...

I haven't worked with a Bluetooth mouse, but I do know that the Acer C720 Chromebook (that I use) is equipped with a Bluetooth system...

I have however, worked with and continue to use, a straightforward Microsoft wireless mouse (cost £32.00) which is a really smooth operator... The Logitech wireless mouse (I have one of those) is also a good piece of equipment...

Hope that is of interest to you...

We can only survive on this earth, as long as we're able to serve the purpose for which we came here...

Therein lies the £64,000 dollar question: 'What might that be'???

Last edited by Robbie Dalziel; 05-03-2014 at 04:52 PM.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-03-2014, 06:49 PM Thread Starter

But there are loads of Logitech and MS bluetooth mouse out there. Sall i just get the one with those mini receivers? or one with those built-in receivers?

Does it have to be 2.4 or 2.5Ghz signal or something? What features i need to look for?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-04-2014, 04:06 AM
Super Moderator

Tech stuff....

Hi there Gino76ph...

Where items such as the mouse and or keyboards are concerned, I've never gone into the detailed technical aspects of their operation, so I really cannot answer your question regarding that, other than to say I doubt there would be a great deal of difference between 2.4 or 2.5GHz equivalents ~ should such a feature be of importance or relevance...

I use nothing other than wireless equipment and most of that which I do have, works on the principle of plug-in 'USB' adapters, the one adapter working both (one single) keyboard and mouse respectively... My headphones have their own wireless adapter and in most cases: all connections to the internet are made wirelessly using inbuilt features (which are becoming the norm these days) or external dongles...

Hope that helps in some small way...

We can only survive on this earth, as long as we're able to serve the purpose for which we came here...

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-04-2014, 06:44 AM Thread Starter

What is the model name of the MS and Logitech mouse you are using sir?
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-04-2014, 07:30 AM
Super Moderator

The Microsoft mouse, is a 'Wireless Mobile Mouse 6000'... FCC id: C3K 1383 Model 1383... That's all I can tell you about that mouse...

The Logitech mouse, is on a computer in the IT suite... I shall be going there in half an hour or so... Will look for details and get back to you asap...

By the way ~ just call me Robbie I've never been knighted... (Smiling here)

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-04-2014, 05:22 PM Thread Starter

But in your opinion generally speaking any bluetooth wireless mouse that supports standard bluetooth and is compatible with Windows will be compatible also with a Chromebook?
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-04-2014, 06:09 PM
Super Moderator

I would imagine so and I see no reason why not: although I've no bluetooth experience, to back those considerations... Maybe others could be more specific ~ SVP...

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-04-2014, 06:16 PM
Super Moderator

Oh yes Gino... The Logitech wireless mouse ref numbers are: FCC id: JNZMR 0020 and the ic ref is: 4418AMR 0020... That mouse works in conjunction with its wireless counterpart keyboard, which is a K260

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-05-2014, 01:43 PM Thread Starter

OK cool i'll have a look and see and decide for myself. Thank you again.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page