Need Help Choosing a Chromebook - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-22-2014, 11:58 AM Thread Starter

Need Help Choosing a Chromebook

So, I'm looking to buy a Chromebook right now and I'm down to the Acer c720 and the Toshiba Chromebook.

First off, does the Toshiba use the Haswell chip or not? That's what I've heard is the biggest draw to the c720, so that's kind of a make or break for me.

Secondly, why is the Toshiba not available at all on Best Buy? Is it just out of stock and will be back soon? The reason I ask is because Best Buy has the better pricing for the 1080p, 4GB version when compared to Amazon.

Lastly, is the screen worth the extra $100? Is there any other big advantages to the Toshiba?

Thanks ahead of time!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-17-2015, 03:58 PM

I to have been researching and finally narrowed my choices down to the Toshiba Chrome Book 2 full HD and the Samsung Chrome Book 2. With that said, I am a post (this post) away from pulling the trigger on the Toshiba.

In my research I've found that most chrome books all do what they were designed to do well. My reasoning for going with the Toshiba is very much based on aesthetics. THIS THINGS LOOKS GREAT! Other than that, I keep reading that the full HD 1080p screen is well worth the extra $$$. I've also read time and time again that the Skullcandy tuned speakers rock. SOLD!

With that said, it'll come down to your personal reasons for which chrome book you go with. Do your research, consider your budget, and pull the trigger. There's not a whole lot of difference in the technology from machine to machine... but you'd definitely want to consider what it is you'll be doing with it and make a decision that supports that use. I hope this helps.

~J
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 01:25 AM

Latest chromebook

Hello everyone
i need a latest chromebook for study of online dissertation help in uk.
so please tell me about latest and best technology chromebook.
best regards
angellily
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-10-2016, 04:58 PM

I think the first step in deciding which Chromebook to buy is to determine your 'Business Need'. What are you going to use it for and how are you going to use it?

Simply asking for the best Chromebook is too broad. There are MANY Chromebooks out there for many different needs/wants.

How portable do you need it?
How is your eyesight? (some screens can be small).
Do you need a vivid screen for watching movies or is a general screen OK?
How much battery life to you need?

My first (and only) Chromebook is a Asus C202SA (the student one). It is durable, lightweight, and does the limited functions that I need. The screen isn't the greatest but it works. So far I am very happy with it. That being said, I am a total dork and will not be able to resist the temptation to buy another one sometime!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page