Toshiba Chromebook 2 Full HD - (First Impressions) - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-22-2015, 05:38 PM Thread Starter

Toshiba Chromebook 2 Full HD - (First Impressions)

My chromebook arrived today and I must say that it's been great so far. Set up was easy right out of the box. I had to set my language and timezone. After that I just needed to choose my network,connect and sign into my google account. I was on the web within 5 minutes of unboxing my laptop.

Now... it's on to more pressing issues like what extensions I'll be using.

~J
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-04-2015, 04:02 PM Thread Starter

~UPDATE~

THE TOSHIBA ROCKS!!! it's been almost two weeks of life with my new laptop and I'm still loving making the switch to a chromebook. I've been able to do everything I'd done on my windows machine without missing a beat so far.

• The full HD screen is epic. It's like watching my 60" plasma on a smaller scale.
  • The design is sleek and ultra portable. It's hard to believe that I was thinking of spending almost a thousand bucks on a windows laptop just to get a slim design similar to the one found on my Toshiba Chromebook 2.
  • The simplicity of the Chrome OS. My gawd, when will the rest of the world realize that simple is better?

Dislikes:
  • Mouse pad seems a little jittery. By that I mean it's ultra responsive. Probably just a case of me getting used to it.
  • No delete key. I chalk it up to me getting used to a different way of doing things. Once it's programmed in muscle memory that ctrl+shift+backspace = Delete I'm sure this will not be a big concern for me.
  • No backlit keyboard. Once again no biggie as I've survived without this feature on my $600 HP laptop for years. Just a nice to have.

Other than that I love the Toshiba. i'm still learning which keys = which shortcuts but for the most part the change from a Windows laptop to the Chromebook has been pretty seamless.

Thanks!
~J

Last edited by DaBatMan; 02-04-2015 at 04:08 PM.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-05-2015, 03:59 AM
Super Moderator

Hi DaBatMan...

My CB ain't a Tosh, it's an Acer, but there might not be a great deal of difference as far as the keyboard and touch-pad are concerned...

Re the delete button, try holding down the Alt key and pressing the 'Backspace' key... That's how my delete works...

With the jittery touch-pad, try turning off the 'tap to click' feature in settings... You then need to make a resolute press-down on the touch-pad, to get a one fingered single or left click, or a (closed two fingered) right click... Similar action to that of a mouse - in some ways... In fact for excessive amounts of work, I actually use a wireless mouse and keyboard...

There is a keyboard sequence (on the Acer) that shows all the keyboard short cuts... It involves several key-strokes to activate and display all the stages... If you're not aware of that give us a shout... It might work on yours as well...

Think it might be worth your while trying and I hope it solves your problems....

Robbie....

We can only survive on this earth, as long as we're able to serve the purpose for which we came here...

Therein lies the £64,000 dollar question: 'What might that be'???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-05-2015, 06:12 AM
Super Moderator

To bring up the Keyboard short-cut display, hold down the Ctrl and Alt keys and tap the question mark (?) key… Do the same to close…

To change the display (to see various usage) press the following keys as singles or pairs… Alt, Ctrl, Shift or Search… Some of those sequences work, other’s don’t apply… Can’t quite remember which do and which don’t… Take yah pick - lol…….

Robbie….

We can only survive on this earth, as long as we're able to serve the purpose for which we came here...

Therein lies the £64,000 dollar question: 'What might that be'???
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-25-2015, 07:18 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Robbie!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page