Google ChromeBook missing features - Page 2 - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 09:31 AM

Silverlight for business.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 11:41 AM

I want to assume anything that was not at the CR-48 might well be in the Chromebook but either way, I am sure Google is going to make it something worth having in the long run.
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011, 10:34 AM

after an impulse purchase on Gilt, as a result of receiving an email yesterday, I started reading some of the features, and 'issues' with this $ 500+ purchase that I made. I went to the Gilt website, tried to cancel the order, but the order page said that there are no returns or cancellations!!!!
Wow!
How about that?!!! What would you suggest. Guess it's going on ebay as a NIB (new in box) item for sale.
so many things are not yet supported, it seems that this is a very expensive product doomed to fail.
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethpm View Post
after an impulse purchase on Gilt, as a result of receiving an email yesterday, I started reading some of the features, and 'issues' with this $ 500+ purchase that I made. I went to the Gilt website, tried to cancel the order, but the order page said that there are no returns or cancellations!!!!
Wow!
How about that?!!! What would you suggest. Guess it's going on ebay as a NIB (new in box) item for sale.
so many things are not yet supported, it seems that this is a very expensive product doomed to fail.
Let me make certain I understand. First, you purchased a product you had not thoroughly researched from a company offering purchasing terms that you hadn't researched. Then, you do some research. Then, you try to cancel an order that can't be cancelled. Now, you are saying the product itself is doomed to fail.

As a user of the Cr-48 since December (with the Cr-48 as my primary day-to-day computer) I can assure you the list of deficiencies stated here and other places are either inaccurate or works-in-progress. The success or failure of Chromebooks is going to depend on far more than any (dated) list of deficiencies you may claim to understand.
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelloski View Post
I want to assume anything that was not at the CR-48 might well be in the Chromebook but either way, I am sure Google is going to make it something worth having in the long run.
Absolutely agree with this... Yesterday (maybe today, too... I haven't checked) Google had huge Chrome banner ads with video at the top of NYTimes.com. One was a Dan Savage "it Gets Better" video, the other was the Daniel Lee spot. They seem to be really behind Chrome in a way I haven't seen them push anything else.I think they're going to be responsive to user feedback, and with the cycle of updates they've had just n the last year, I think they'll aggressively provide features users want.
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethpm View Post
Wow!
Call me crazy, but i think I'd try it out BEFORE you put it up for sale.
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011, 11:42 AM

Does anyone here understand that the Cr-48 has been under continuous improvement and enhancement ever since it shipped? Do people understand that this is the first personal computer that actually improves over time rather than becoming a bit sluggish with each addition of an OS update or new app? Do people realize that there are features built into the Cr-48 that haven't even been enabled yet in the OS?

There are few places where the term "paradigm shift" is appropriate, but this is one of them. For the vast majority of computer users ChromeOS as operational on a Chromebook will be the only "full-fledged" operating system they'll ever need or want.
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011, 12:00 PM

I agree with you 6sigma, that people have to see and understand what sort of paradigm shift the Chromebook is heralding. I have reason to believe it will improve over time; for now, let us look forward to June the 15th.
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011, 12:03 PM
pav

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6sigma View Post
Does anyone here understand that the Cr-48 has been under continuous improvement and enhancement ever since it shipped? Do people understand that this is the first personal computer that actually improves over time rather than becoming a bit sluggish with each addition of an OS update or new app? Do people realize that there are features built into the Cr-48 that haven't even been enabled yet in the OS?

There are few places where the term "paradigm shift" is appropriate, but this is one of them. For the vast majority of computer users ChromeOS as operational on a Chromebook will be the only "full-fledged" operating system they'll ever need or want.
tell me this though.. do either of the models that are released on the 15th (aser or samsung) have gps or bluetooth hardware built into them?
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 08:26 PM

I believe the Google chromebook will support 90% of these things in time if not on June 15th.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page