Will young people avoid the Chromebook? - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 02:51 AM Thread Starter

Will young people avoid the Chromebook?

I was just reading an article on Computerworld, in which someone made this claim. Evidently they think younger folk are all about apps, and never really use the Internet. I can't agree, but what do you think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 06:12 PM

Chromebook is perfect for kids like my 2 daughters, the only thing the use the computer for is Facebook.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 06:31 PM

I disagree. The article you read was probably hired by one of Google's competitors to try to persuade young people not to like them. By nature of the technology, I think that they are perfect for young people.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 08:54 PM

Yeah, zora is probably right, with the way that Facebook hired someone to dis Google. I would not be surprised if there was someone out there running and anti Google campaign. Kids and young people will love the Chromebook.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 12:24 AM

It would take some time for young people. With their status and peer pressure, it would take some time to wean them off apple products (hip and trend-setter for a lot of them). Google got to step up with their marketing which apple is a genius or we'll just wait for inevitable- cloud computing, cloud computers.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 07:01 AM

Why wouldn't they? They will quickly take on to the new concept of working in "the cloud". Sure, they like their iPads, but the Chromebook will be "cool" also, I'm sure.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 08:49 AM

I think it's going to be like when Chrome was first introduced. A lot of people were skeptical but once they used it they were hooked. I doubt this will be any different with the Chromebooks. As long as they're fast and reliable.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 09:09 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewIrish View Post
I think it's going to be like when Chrome was first introduced. A lot of people were skeptical but once they used it they were hooked. I doubt this will be any different with the Chromebooks. As long as they're fast and reliable.
...and relatively inexpensive...
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 12:41 PM

Honestly I don't think that young people will avoid Chromebook. I don't know what you consider 'young people' but I'm in my early 20s and I have a lot of friends that are interested in it now. I think it's also kind of a myth that all the young adults are hooked on Apple computers.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 01:34 PM

I'm not sure how young you are referring to. I'm 23 year old and I'm going to love using the ChromeOS. having all my university stuff saved online, accessing my textbooks through google books, my amazon mp3 cloud for music, etc etc. I am really excited to have everything I need in a laptop.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page