Welcome new members! Introduce yourself! - Page 8 - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #71 of 203 (permalink) Old 06-21-2011, 06:44 PM

i got the samsung 3G early in June 10th from gilt.com and have been putting it thru its paces since then. i am a heavy apple user (iphone4, MBP, and ipad2) and wanted to give google cloud/chromeOS a try; i went ahead and purchased the 80GB/yr for $20 additional storage.

i am using it as my primary work notebook now, previously i was using the ipad2 for that purpose. it's been working great so far. the only thing i miss is citrix access, which i heard will be coming soon from citrix.

all in all, it's a nice little notebook.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 203 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 10:22 PM

Talking Hello

My family is looking to consolidate our phones and computers to one operating system. We currently use non smart Verizon phones and various PC desktop and laptops. Xp, Vista and 7 plus one Ipod.

We are leaning towards Apple, but Chromebook and Andriod seems to be the answer to Apple with the freedom and familialy of the PC if the speed and ease of use is true.

We're Looking
post #73 of 203 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011, 08:48 AM

Hello everyone!

I am Jason. I work for a large company doing IT Arch Design and Implantation. Also I will post a ton because when I find a community I love to share quick opinions. Sorry about any bad grammar or misspellings now I usually surf at work and am working on 3 or 4 things at once..

Chromebooks are a very interesting new tech toy for me. I think that for Enterprise they could be great...
post #74 of 203 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 04:17 PM

New Chromebook user

I just purchased the Samsung Chromebook and I was very happy to find out from these forums that crtl+alt+t opens a terminal window which allows my to SSH into my development servers. Very nice!
post #75 of 203 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 06:03 PM

Greetings one and all! Long time Google user, First time Google Forum poster! Psyched for the Chromebook, but I am wondering whether to purchase now, or wait for future (and possibly better) Chromebooks to come out.
post #76 of 203 (permalink) Old 06-27-2011, 06:31 PM

I joined this forum this week and I am really enjoying seeing everyone's excitement about the Chromebook. I ordered mine on launch day and got it last week. So far I am loving the experience.
My personal story is probably much different from most. I am a history teacher, but spent 6 years in the technology industry in Houston (mostly energy and chemical company experience there). Also I have been diagnosed in the past year with Multiple Sclerosis. So I was looking for a computer that "just works" and provides the web quickly and simply. Although I do own 3 other computers in my house (Ubuntu Linux, Windows 7) and an Android Phone). I wanted to see what Google's approach would be like.
I have been very pleased so far. Here is my first day review: 40: My new Chromebook
post #77 of 203 (permalink) Old 06-28-2011, 12:01 AM

How to buy Chromebook in Vietnam?

Hi all,

Please advise how to get Chromebook in Vietnam with reasonable price and short time delivery.

I like Titan Silver Samsung Chromebook wi-fi version.
I search on ebay with price now 500$ + shipping 79$. While original price is just 430$.

Thank you,
Phuong.
post #78 of 203 (permalink) Old 06-28-2011, 01:40 AM

Hi all,

Please advise how to get Chromebook in Vietnam with reasonable price and short time delivery.

I like Titan Silver Samsung Chromebook wi-fi version.
I search on ebay with price now 500$ + shipping 79$. While original price is just 430$.

Thank you,
Phuong.
post #79 of 203 (permalink) Old 06-29-2011, 05:12 PM

Hey all.
Hottub here. My chromebook is at the local UPS hub and shall arrive tomorrow.
Can't wait.
post #80 of 203 (permalink) Old 07-01-2011, 06:30 AM

Hello Everyone!

I am Chromium. I have a Chromium OS Computer, but it is on a Dell Desktop PC. LOL

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page