Google Tablet - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 06:30 PM Thread Starter

Google Tablet

I know Asus has a lot of things undercover that they are working on. However, if Asus released the right AMP then could we not see a Google Chromebook in the near future? Or would it then be called a Google Chrometablet?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 07:12 PM

I would not get to excited just yet. I mean, you have to make the tablet affordable. People are already complaining about what Chromebooks cost, even though they are cheap, imagine what people would say to a tablet right now.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 08:55 PM

Tablets suck. From what I have seen, the iPad was awful and I would not even try making a Tablet unless you KNOW that you are going to make it something fantastic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 11:56 PM Thread Starter

There are times where a tablet can be a good thing. Even if you do not have it as your main computer it is still handy. People who type a lot think tablets suck, but they don't. A Google Chromebook tablet would rock!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 12:47 AM

There is two types of people who uses computer- 1. Kids and Seniors that doesnt need or doesnt want to type and be satisfied with pointing and touching schreens. and 2. Majority that needs keyboards. They may need/want tablet's convenience but will fully utilize the net and computing power not by just watching, surfing and playing.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 06:53 PM
pav

why would you want a chrome tablet instead of android 3.0? you can't type well on a tablet, and if you're on the web (not in apps) you will have to type.. so unless they come up with a tablet with a slide out keyboard, a chrome tablet is pretty much useless..
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 07:16 PM

Google wants to keep focused on notebooks, says an article I read earlier today (can't find the link). Don't expect any official desktop or tablet PCs running Chrome OS any time soon.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 08:13 PM

Google probably won't be working on anything tablet-related unless it is a Nexus tablet project.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 11:38 PM

Hmm... I don't think a Chrome Tablet would be great. A lot of my web experience involves typing or manipulation I don't think would be easy on a tablet. Of course, knowing Google, I wouldn't be surprised if they found a way around this... but with Android 3 out it seems unlikely to me.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011, 02:34 PM

Send a message via MSN to modder
I imagine we won't see a ChromeOS tablet until Chromebooks have proven as a viable solution to end users; Google is going to make sure they ace the market they launch in before moving on.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page