What about Gateway - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 07:17 PM Thread Starter

What about Gateway

I have heard nothing of Gateway in all of this. It makes me wonder if they are even still around. Have they been bought up by another company or something. Would they ever make a chromebook?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 11:53 PM

Gateway is still around as far as I can tell. They are not the best computers in the world and I do not think they are nearly popular, or powerful, enough to get in on a venture as risky as this one. I do not mean risky in a bad way because I believe Chromebooks will be a success.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 07:27 AM

I hadn't really thought about it, but it's true - I haven't heard anything from Gateway, either. I am pretty sure they are on their way out, though....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 09:02 AM

Actually, they are still around (Gateway Official Site: Notebooks, Laptops, Desktops, All-in-Ones, Displays, Monitors, Accessories). They used to be quality products that were reasonably innovative and attractive (i.e., something you would want to own). IIRC then they were bought by Acer awhile ago. Since then I haven't heard much about them. I do remember seeing some of their post Acer machines: clunky, unimaginative looking, poor build quality. However, in all fairness I haven't seen any of their computers since then. Others on the list may have more current views/perspectives.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page