Google Chromebook overview video: What is Chromebook? - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-11-2011, 04:22 PM Thread Starter

Google Chromebook overview video: What is Chromebook?

Found this nice overview video of Chromebook. Just in case you're not sure what Chromebook is just hit play on the video and you'll understand.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-11-2011, 04:32 PM

Having everything stored online has its downfall, but ive been trying to figure out what a Chrome book was for the longest time. Though im cursious how well that Sand box enviorment will hold up.

As for the OS being tampted that wont last very long, hehe i can t see people jailbreaking and rooting these laptops quickly!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-11-2011, 06:39 PM

The Chrome OS seem to be very promising as well as their advertisements seem to be very spot on! it does give a brif explaination of how Google plans to target their targets. For the business minded people who don't want to carry 6 millions things or the high school or college dude who doesn't want to haul around all his notes! the could idea seem very promising.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-12-2011, 03:40 PM

I agree that the Chrome OS is a big bang and thanks for the video too. The idea of chrome books is a good idea. I heard that it boots in 8 seconds on average.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-12-2011, 03:49 PM

Yeah it avg's out to 8 seconds according to the video, since there nothing to load but a browser since all applications are online.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-12-2011, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelloski View Post
I agree that the Chrome OS is a big bang and thanks for the video too. The idea of chrome books is a good idea. I heard that it boots in 8 seconds on average.
Yeah. They keep advertising the 8 second startup time. The idea behind the chromebook is pretty sound. But I still need to see how secure all the documents will be. It would be a good idea for google to invite all the best hackers to see who can bypass all the security features. That way they can expose the weak points to Google so they can fix it right away.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-12-2011, 05:28 PM

Send a message via MSN to modder
Do we know the average Chrome OS app load time?

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 11:31 AM

As quich as your Internet connection, wouldn't it be?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page